X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realtek Network driver update and video update

Realtek Problems
    MOBO is GA-EP45-DS3R
    Hi all its MadMax2911 and I have a few simple questions. Basically, I am trying to update Realtek drivers to most recent ones and need to know where else I might get them. Also, is there a cleaning procedure to follow for realtek drivers? The version I have now is 5.708.1030.2008 I also have one of the NICs disabled in the BIOS due to its not in use. When I disabled it the IRQs where moved around and now my video card has more devices on same IRQ. whew this is complicated I say this cuz tweakguides advised me to try to disable devices not in use. and thus move devices to their own IRQs thanks in advance for any help.
    Nvidia problems
    Windows update also shows an update for this the video device (BFG 8800 GTS OC 512 MB) I have a cleaning and installing procedure that I follow for this device and simply updating is unacceptable IMO However, uninstalling and reinstalling new drivers causes the games to not work for some reason then its game reinstall time. I am using the 175.16 driver now cuz it works with 3DMARK 06 for my tests and benchmarks. Any help is appreaciated. more info available upon request.
    Mad max
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MadMax2911; 02-06-2009, 05:33 PM. Reason: more info
    BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

Re: Realtek Network driver update and video update

Try Realtek's download site here.
    Intel Q9550 @ 3.842GHz * Gigabyte EP45-UD3P v1.1 * 8GB of OCZ Reaper HPC * nVidia GeForce GTX 660 * Mac OS X 10.9.2

Comment

Re: Realtek Network driver update and video update

Originally posted by Chucko View Post
      Try Realtek's download site here.
      Thanks for the reply Chucko however I have the 5.708.1030.2008 driver installed and the correct download site lists two 5.708 drivers. One for win xp-win server and the other one is a auto installer which support more OS versions. I see that you linked to the PCI download, but I have a PCI-E version of the NIC as you can see from the picture MS also lists it as PCI-E device. Maybe I tried the PCI driver and it failed due to wrong driver? Whatever!! So I will try one of the two correct drivers and also turn off my firewall AV so it soes not interfere with the uninstall and reinstall.

UPDATE TO THREAD 7:24PM
      Ok I uninstalled the Realtek drivers and the diagnostic utility too. Prior to uninstall I DL the files from Realtek website (PCI-E drivers)
      Turned off the Firewall A/V software and told it not to update or prevent changes to files as well. Restarted and verified that the driver was uninstalled and yes it was uninstalled. This time I turned all NIC s on in the BIOS and enabled green LAN (turns off unused devices automatically-done prior to uninstall). Now then I installed the autosetup driver for the NIC, then restarted the TM internet security again and connected to internet. Checked PCPITSTOP for updated drivers needed and low and behold NICs ok--See screenshot???
      Checked windoseupdate and they say I need their update?? WTF???? (>_<) I think its windoseupdates problem....Now on to the video update.....:(
      Attached Files
      Last edited by MadMax2911; 02-07-2009, 09:37 PM. Reason: wrong numbers
      BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

Comment

Working...
      X