Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question concerning Gigabyte EX58-UD4P and 6 x 2 gig dominator 1600 memory sticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question concerning Gigabyte EX58-UD4P and 6 x 2 gig dominator 1600 memory sticks

I hope someone can help me on this. I just ordered a nice new Gigabyte EX58-UD4P and 6 2xgig sticks of Dominator 1600 DDR3 Memory & a I7 965EE CPU.

Now unfortunatly if I'm understanding correctly I can only use 3 Sticks over 1333 speed in triple channel mode and then only at 1333 speed? At least according to this page at Gigabyte:

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/...-ex58-ud4p.pdf

Is that correct and if I want to use all 12 megs in triple channel I'll have to run at 1333? or if I am willing to run a dual channel mode then I can use all 12 gigs? What would be my best option since I run Vista x64

Would appreciate some advice

Re: Question concerning Gigabyte EX58-UD4P and 6 x 2 gig dominator 1600 memory sticks

Well I've decided on giving it a shot with 6 2 gig dominator 1600 sticks. Any suggestions as to changes I should make/consider in the bios? If I'm not lucky tho and it doesn't work which of the following 2 choices would be best on a Vista x64 system?

1. Use all 6 sticks for a total of 12 gigs but underclock them to 1333
    or
    2 Just go with 3 sticks for a total of 6 gigs at 1600

Some help/opinons would be welcome

Comment

Working...
    X