Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP45-DQ6, WD Velociraptor & Windows Vista 64bit

Hi.

I recently purchased new components to go into a new build. The system comprises of the following:

Intel Q6600
    Gigabyte EP45-DQ6
    Ati Radeon 4870
    8 GB OCZ PC8500
    1 x Western Digital Velociraptor 150GB
    1000w Corsair PSU

I put all this together and all seemed well. I booted from cd to install Windows Vista 64bit. All goes well until I get to the screen asking to pick a hard drive to install to. Windows does not recognise the hard drive at point of install.

I decided to put a couple of old maxtor sata hard drives in and windows detects these at the install screen without loading a driver. Ive even tried the sata driver that comes with the motherboard disc and still windows doesnt see this hard drive.

I decided to install windows onto one of the old maxtor's to see if that would work, and it did. After windows had installed and set up, I went into "my computer" and the Velociraptor was there and I was able to transfer data etc.

My question is, why does the motherboard see this drive in the bios, I can see the drive in the post screen, Windows can even see the drive once its installed, why at the windows install location screen does this drive not appear?

If added some bios pics below.

I have already tried SATA native mode enabled and no difference. Any advice how I get windows installer to see this drive would be appreciated.

Cheers.
Working...
X