X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EP45 DS3R q6600 overclock guidlines

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    So did your old BIOS say DDR3 in it?

Well, sorry for my late reply here I was not feeling well yesterday. Let me know how you are getting along with this

Hi again,

found my driving strength profiles and was able to change them.
    However, my screen looks just like the rest of the bios. Nothing like yours.
    Are you sure you're really in the bios? It looks like some kind of dos program is opened...No mention of ddr3 either.
    coolermaster cm690 case

CPUcooler : Coolermaster Z600 with 1200rpm fan

Psu: Bequiet 650w darkpower pro (not cheap) w. modular connectors.

Memory: OCZ Platinum Dual Channel OCZ2P10004GK
    (pc2-8000) 4gig

Cpu: q6600
    , SLACR G0

Harddrive(s) : seagate ST3500320as (non affected firmware sd25) 1 installed so far.

GFX: Nvidia Quadrofx 3500 (essential for intended use so this had better not be a problem).

dvdrw: nec-optiarc: model unknown
    floppy drive: sony: model unknown

Comment

The images I posted are in a BIOS editor and yes in DOS, I use it just to check/verify if settings are shown in users BIOS's or not. For sure not a loaded BIOS on a PC, sorry to confuse you!

That is odd I see DDR3 in there, but you do not? Must be a glitch or something

So how are you getting along with your settings and stability?

Comment

Hi there,

I can report that things are finally going ok. I did a test with prime starting yesterday just after my last reply and have only just stopped it (17:30) without any glitches.
        I raised my core voltage to 1.36250V, my MCH reference from 0.760v to 0.800v and my ICH I/O from 1.500V to 1.590V (1.550 as in your recommendation wasn't available to me and my last step up to 1.570v was still giving me errors, so this was a hunch).

My memory is still running at 800mhz though, while it's rated at 1000mhz. Is it worth exploring this furher?

I have one odd thing though...or actually two odd things (they seem related) in coretemp my cpuspeed is shown as 1998mhz and 2999mhz (it keeps switching between 6x and 9x mulptipliers!) and in Cpu-z it's constantly shown as 1998mhz. What's going on?
        Did I miss something?
        coolermaster cm690 case

(pc2-8000) 4gig

, SLACR G0

Harddrive(s) : seagate ST3500320as (non affected firmware sd25) 1 installed so far.

GFX: Nvidia Quadrofx 3500 (essential for intended use so this had better not be a problem).

Comment

so overclock your cpu a bit more lets say 3.20Mhz and set memory multiplayer to auto . you should see your memory running at 1000Mhz.
          CPU:Intel I7 920 @ 3.6 Ghz
          M.B:GA-x58A-Ud3R
          DisPlay: GA-GTX 260
          Memory: HyperX 3x4GB
          DiskDrive:W.D 1T, W.D 160G
          P.W: HEC 750 W

Comment

yea and go to advance bios setting and disable eist and c1e options .
            CPU:Intel I7 920 @ 3.6 Ghz
            M.B:GA-x58A-Ud3R
            DisPlay: GA-GTX 260
            Memory: HyperX 3x4GB
            DiskDrive:W.D 1T, W.D 160G
            P.W: HEC 750 W

Comment

Ya C1E and EIST need to be disabled, this was likely your issue with everything from the get go.

You can likely now start lowering voltages again once you disable those. And I would advise MCH Ref to be less not more then the default

Comment

I did have EIST disabled, and i'm pretty sure C1e was too at the very beginning but I think I forgot to disable C1e after my bios-flash as it was enabled just now.
                I'm going to try a couple more things now but if I can't get them to work, i'll resign myself to having slightly slower ram just to be able to get on with things.
                It's nice and stable now at 3ghz that's the main thing.

Thanks for all your help, i'll let you know how i get on.
                coolermaster cm690 case

(pc2-8000) 4gig

, SLACR G0

Comment

small update: lowered mch to 0.740, and corevoltage 2 ticks but now get errors on prime and linX I'm now going to up my corevoltage back to what it was but leave the mch ref. if that doesn't help i'm just going to restore my last stable settings..
                  coolermaster cm690 case

(pc2-8000) 4gig

, SLACR G0

Comment

Have you tried MCH Ref .70 then set Vtt 1.24-1.28

Slightly slower ram could be a plus, as you may be able to use better timings. So I would not always feel so bad about that. I am running my 1600Mhz (888-24) ram at 1520Mhz (777-20) right now myself

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply!

that is what I had invisaged originally ( I saw on another forum that someone had managed something like 950mhz at 4-4-4-15 ) but now that i'm a bit more clued up about the whole process of getting at these results it all seems a bit daunting!!
                      At some point you just have to say: 'Well, I gave it my best shot' and just get on with things. I want to do some video editing 'n stuff and as fun as it has been finding out about overclocking, it's just not very creative unfortunately.
                      I guess it's not really my forte either...

Anyway, let me just thank you again for all your support. It's been a blast!
                      I'm sure you'll hear from me again in a year or two or three ( i hope ) when I try to overclock the next big thing ( i7, i8, who knows? ).
                      All the best,

Eric
                      coolermaster cm690 case

(pc2-8000) 4gig

, SLACR G0

Comment

Well good luck, and dont let yourself give up so easy! You can do it, just go take some time off from it and do some video editing and then in a week or two try some more at it

Comment

Working...
                        X