Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte X48T-DQ6 Multi NV Card/PPU Issue

Hi all,

Just hoping to gain a bit of insight into a slight issue I am having with a friend's computer. Basically I have upgraded his graphics card from an Nvidia 9800GTX (standard) to a Nvidia GTX 285. We figured with the new big bang drivers we may as well make use of the old card as a dedicated PPU however after installing both cards in his machine the system would freeze at the bios screen (cannot get into the bios at all), with the GTX285 in the first 16xPCIE slot and the 9800GTX in the second.

After pulling out the 9800GTX the system boots up fine no problems.

Below are the system specs:
    Motherboard: Gigabyte X48T-DQ6 with F4 bios
    CPU: Intel Q9450
    Heatsink: Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme with 120mm antec tricool set to high
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 285
    PSU: Silverstone Strider 750 watt
    PPU: Nvidia 9800GTX

From the problems I encountered, I would assume it is probably a Bios issue, as Gigabyte have an F5 bios and an F6 alpha bios available, however I thought before I invested too much time on this I would see if anyone else has encountered any strange quirks on this motherboard or the X48 platform in general when trying to run two NV cards.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Re: Gigabyte X48T-DQ6 Multi NV Card/PPU Issue

So no one knows anything about this?

Comment

Re: Gigabyte X48T-DQ6 Multi NV Card/PPU Issue

last time i checked u had to have the same gfx to sli n cant have 2 different cards in at the same time... i could be completely wrong

Comment

Working...
      X