Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What memory for EP35C-DS3R?

Hello everybody,

I'm very happy that i found this forum for Gigabyte Products and i'm glad that Gigabyte's fans over the world are so many!

I have the P35C-DS3R (rev. 2.1) motherboard for almost a year and i'm very pleased even though i did not overclock it (yet).

I would like to ask your opinion about a pair of ram that i planning to buy ASAP because i run out of memory.

I'm in the middle of OCZ DDR2-800 PC6400 4GB 5-5-5-15 1.8V and the GEIL BLACK DRAGON DDR2-800 PC6400 4GB 5-5-5-15 1.8V. I read in other posts on this forum that GEIL RAM (in generally speaking) should work very steady with the P35 mobo, but what about the specified model? For the OCZ i did not found much of infos. I plan to overclock the memory a bit, maybe adjust the timings to 4-4-4-12 2.0V!

I was planning to buy Crucial's Ballistix DDR2-800 PC6400 4-4-4-12 2.0V but i read in some posts that crucial's RAM is not working good with P35 Chipsets, i was disappointed a bit because it has very low price!

Can you advise me please (as this is the most adequate and specified forum) what in your opinion is the max it out of the above sets for my mobo.

Or, is another brand's set that i could use? But i don't want to pay to much since the prices changes very fast, due to DDR3 arrival (in high costs tough) i think that in a year(?) we must upgrade again to DDR3.

I Use my Desktop PC mostly for Video Processing (Home made movies) and Games. I have a Intel Core 2 duo E8200 cpu in 2.66Ghz (not overclocked) and a Gigabyte nvidia 8500GT 512Mb PCIE.

Sorry about the long text and

Thanks in advance...

Re: What memory for EP35C-DS3R?

C'mon guys

Don't any body have a clou about my question?

I Thought that if i can't get any answer here where else can i find it?

I must buy a pair of memory very soon!!!

Please help!!!

Comment

Re: What memory for EP35C-DS3R?

Have you looked at the list at http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/...c-ds3r_2.1.pdf ?

I have the OCZ 3P13332GK running auto SPD with 0.4V overvoltage- runs very stable. Sticks actually list 7-7-7 but auto SPD set it at 7,6,6,16.

OCZ actually recommend you run this at 1.8V (+0.3V), I found +0.4 was necessary for stability.

Suspect there's faster but it's listed compatible and cost effective! Price is so good now I might get another 2Gb while I can...

Comment

Working...
      X