Raid 0 GA-EP45-UD3P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raid 0 GA-EP45-UD3P

I set my raid in BIOS before installing the OS as a RAID 0 striped 128k both hard drives were detected in the BIOS Seagate 500 GB generation 12. Anyway I installed the raid controller driver during the OS install and after I was up and running updated the controller to the full driver. So I was looking at my drive C today and all it says is Volume 1 with the correct capacity. I looked under the properties thinking I would see the info on the Seagate drives but it just gives generic info with a Microsoft driver from 2006. Is this correct or should there be more info am I getting the full use of the features of a SATA RAID?

Re: Raid 0 GA-EP45-UD3P

This is more than likely correct. What the properties tab is reading is the RAID BIOS for your combined array and not each individual drive anymore.
    OCZ Vertex 2 60GB 34nm SSD - Maxtor 320GB
    Gigabyte GTX 460 SuperOverclock 1GB
    Corsair TX650W PSU
    Windows 7 HP 64-bit - SP1
    Antec 300 Case - Maxed out fans

"The files are IN the computer ... It's SO SIMPLE!"

Comment

OK the other thing I noticed in my old system in the control panel there was a RAID Controller Icon. Granted this was an AMD setup so Intel and this motherboard plus Vista maybe different. Thanks for your help in advance

Comment

Ok i did find the controller software it's just not where I thought it would be. Dang Vista anyway I went to Intel's website there is and update for the matrix controller 10/23/2008. But reading the fix list I;m not sure I want to update it's like those adds you see for medication fixes one thing but the side effects could include! Anyway, I downloaded it if I have problems I will update. As for seeing the specific hard drives in the Matrix software both are listed and working properly. Maybe this will help someone else with a similar question.

Comment

I like your viewpoint - if it aint broke, dont fix it right? Right- I should have asked you if you were using the onboard RAID because you CAN view individual drives in the manager.
          OCZ Vertex 2 60GB 34nm SSD - Maxtor 320GB
          Gigabyte GTX 460 SuperOverclock 1GB
          Corsair TX650W PSU
          Windows 7 HP 64-bit - SP1
          Antec 300 Case - Maxed out fans

"The files are IN the computer ... It's SO SIMPLE!"

Comment

Working...
          X