Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with build - UD3P power connections

Hello,

I am building my first PC in a while and have a question about the power connections before I power up the system for the first time.

Here is my new system:

GA-EP45-UPD3P
    Earthwatts 500
    E8400
    Evga 9800 GT

Here's my question...Do I need to hook up both the main power connection (24 pin) and the 8 pin power connector (the manual says hook the 8 pin up if your using an Intel Extreme Edition CPU?). I figured I should hook up both, but wanted to double check first.

Also, I assume theres a fan under one of the heatsinks for the chipset? Do I need to hook up anything special for that to run, or will it just run automatically if I hook up the power connectors?

Thanks a lot for the help!

Re: Help with build - UD3P power connections

Yes, hook up the 8 pin as well.

There is no fan under the chipset cooler, but it is rather large and P45 chipsets don't run all that hot. That passive cooler will keep the chipset cool even with a substantial voltage bump.

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the help.

Comment

So it posted up fine on the first try (I think that is a first for me :)). I boot off the cd drive to install WinXP, it loads a bunch of the files and then when it tries to startup windows I get a BSOD. It gives a STOP message with the pci.sys driver listed. I am going to try a couple things to get it to run, but anyone have any thoughts on what to try? Thanks again.

Comment

Check your memory. Make sure you have the proper voltage and timings set.

Comment

Working...
          X