Gigabyte DS3HP Phenom II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte DS3HP Phenom II

Ok, I'm on the fence. It's either going to be an E8400+UD3R or Phenom II with the DS3HP. Price is the main factor here. Main issue is I don't own an AMD CPU. E8400 wins the price war if I have to spend $30 on an extra CPU just to boot the board and flash the BIOS. So will I get the unknown AMD CPU error and be able to flash, or will it not post at all? The site lists F2 as the first release, F4 released for Phenom II support. There is no F3 BIOS.

One other thing. Don't plan to install a floppy. Are there any particular brands of USB flash drives to stay away from with Gigabyte boards?

Re: Gigabyte DS3HP Phenom II

Noone has tested this combination yet? Bump. Or maybe someone purchased it from newegg and can atleast confirm the BIOS it's shipping with.

Actually, feel free to delete this. I'll pay for the DS4H and bump T-Man's post. Thanks.
    Last edited by Raten; 01-23-2009, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Re: Gigabyte DS3HP Phenom II

I just got this from NewEgg about 2 weeks ago. Came with F2 bios. I had downloaded F3, but saw on site that it was gone and F4 there when I got board.

Can't help with Phenom - using 6000+. I did have to flash F4, though. I couldn't get into bios setup with a wireless usb keyboard. F4 did fix that. With problems like that they shouldn't be shipping anything but F4.

Comment

Working...
      X