Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H overclocking problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H overclocking problems...

Hello I have just bought this board and connected it to my Plasma TV via HDMI with no problems. I use the optical out to my Z5500's and that also is fine. I installed Vista 32 from a vlite disc with the latest NVidia drivers integrated, from Gigabytes site. Also I integrated the chipset drivers and the Realtek 2.14 drivers. All works well, albeit running with an E2160 that I know overclocks well as it used to be in my main PC.
    However I'm having a problem regarding overclocking.
    I have disabled C1E, TM2 and EIST and then unlinked the FSB from the memory. The memory is left at 800mhz. It shows the FSB at 800mhz.
    If I increase the FSB to 810mhz (to test) it will reboot at 10x200 = 2000mhz, the default speed for my E2180. I go back into the BIOS to note that the setting for the FSB is at 810 but the actual is at 800mhz. So am I missing something glaringly obvious here as to why my FSB is not increasing with my setting or is there something else going on..?

Thanks for any help
    Gigabyte DS3H Z77 board (being repaired) GA-Z77X-UD5H. 3570k CPU. 2x4GB Corsair LP DDR3 memory. Asus GTX 670 2GB GPU.
Working...
X