Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-EP35-DS3L BIOS update failed - Scanning BIOS Image in Hard drive...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP35-DS3L BIOS update failed - Scanning BIOS Image in Hard drive...

Re: GA-EP35-DS3L BIOS update failed - Scanning BIOS Image in Hard drive...

Sorry I will be out writing some product reviews for a few more days, just stopped in to send our Admin a PM

I think F4 should have worked for you to update to F5 with, especially since you could access the BIOS.

Please see your PM's and do be trying all further efforts with one stick of ram in slot one until you get going.

If the PM method does not help you will need to RMA sadly as it sounds as if you have tried everything you should and done so properly

I take it you do not have a floppy already connected to the board correct? You still may be able to blind flash the BIOS again using a floppy if you have one as long as you never disabled floppy support while you were in the BIOS as it is enabled by default. So if you have one, please try a blind flash outlined in the Guide before you try the Method I PM'd you >>>
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 01-21-2009, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Re: GA-EP35-DS3L BIOS update failed - Scanning BIOS Image in Hard drive...

Thank you for your quick reply - sorry to take you away from you reviewing. Sadly your PM last resort has not worked for me, possibly because my board only has a 'Virtual' BIOS, not a Dual BIOS (according to Gigabyte specs), which the two successful repairs have. The floppy drive was attached all along but is never accessed during the boot up - so no blind flash possible.

So it looks like I have to try to RMA the board.

Comment

Working...
      X