New Build - Memory Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Build - Memory Questions

Hello all, I just discovered this forum and I have been searching for the answers to a couple of questions without luck.

It may just be I'm using the wrong search terms...

I have just built a new box with:

GA-EP45T-UD3P Board
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
    3 sticks of DDR3 RAM (A package of three PN OCZ3X1333LV1G)
    Sapphire HD 3870 512mb video
    Running Vista Ultimate 32bit

This has been my first exposure to the new hardware and I'm trying to figure things out as I go.

I don't seem to be able to successfully change anything using Easytune, though I know that is not the preferred method. An attempt to use Quick Boost results in failure to boot and reset.

Is there a problem with using 3 sticks of RAM? Should I buy a fourth before I try to push things?

Re: New Build - Memory Questions

Strangeness: I went into the bios and it complained that I had unsuccessfully overclocked and the settings might be wrong. I went through and set everything to auto and restarted.

Now Windows says my CPU is running at 3.8 GHz and CPU-Z tells me that I'm running as high as 3600 MHz on the CPU and an FSB of 1600 MHz. All from Auto in the BIOS.

What can I really expect from tweaking the settings manually? I thought that the three sticks of memory would be a limiting factor, but now...

Advice, observations, thoughts or comments sought.

Comment

Working...
    X