Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fron panel to motherboard connections

Hi
    I am doing a PC build and there is some leads on the front panel that I am not sure of where they may or may not go on my motherboard , they are labled as follows :
    1. L-Ret - 1pin
    2. R-Ret - 1pin
    3. R-Out - 1pin
    4. L-Out - 1pin
    5. Mic Power - 1pin
    6. Mic-In - 1pin

The connections I have left on the motherboard are as follows:
    1 . COMB 2x5pin ( what does COMP stand for ) ! .
    2. AUX_IN 4pin
    3. CD IN 4pin
    4. SPDF 3pin
    5. TELE 4pin
    any help would be highly appreciated , excuse me if some of these seem obvious .
    cheers
    Last edited by spike47; 01-16-2009, 06:14 PM.

Re: Fron panel to motherboard connections

Which motherboard do you have? I suspect the L- and R- lines would go to the AUX_IN, you may not have connections for the others.
    Intel Q9550 @ 3.842GHz * Gigabyte EP45-UD3P v1.1 * 8GB of OCZ Reaper HPC * nVidia GeForce GTX 660 * Mac OS X 10.9.2

Comment

Hi
      It is GA-8SILM ver 1.0 , this board is out of a packard bell , it is not on the gigabyte web site only version 1.1 and above , the packard bell web site is not giving that info , in any case I am fitting the motherboard into new case .

The front panel cables are from a new atx case , but there was no paperwork with the case , so I was wanting to know what the cable names from the new case mean and where they would go on a motherboard .

ps the IEEE1394 connection disregard

cheers<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
      Last edited by spike47; 01-16-2009, 06:16 PM.

Comment

The leads from your case are for the front audio and it seems they are for HD audio not AC97, so unlikely they are compatible with an older board. Also, you don't show anything on your board for front audio anyway.

Comment

Working...
        X