Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can not get 1075 stable on ep45-ds3l

I have ep45-ds3l bios version f8. E8400 and Patriot viper 2x2gb 6400llk
    link to my memory: Newegg.com - Patriot Viper 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Re: I can not get 1075 stable on ep45-ds3l

Try lowering the MCH core voltage from the base setting of 1.10v to 1.05v.

I know this sounds counterintuitive, but it has worked perfectly for me and several others with this Gigabyte board and 2x2gb of RAM. It brought instant rock solid stability.

There are several posts on this.

You might also want to update to the latest bios version, which is F10. (But try to get the board stable first if you can.) I believe that the bios updates contain some small (and maybe not so small) bug fixes that are not documented with the releases.
    Last edited by ed1; 01-16-2009, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I will try Mch core voltage of 1.05v. Also, Can you point me to a good post about Mch clock skew? I am not sure what that is for.

Comment

Sorry, I'm not knowledgeable about the MCH clock skew.

Please let us know how the MCH core voltage reduction works.

Comment

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, I was spending too much time oc'ing and needed a break. I ended up overclocking my e8400 to 3.8 and setting the ram to 1:1 which is 846. I also raised the performance level to 9 from 8 and now it is memtest stable overnight. Thank you for your help. I will probably need it again. :)

Comment

Oh I forgot to mention that my mch voltage is at 1.1 and that seems to be stable.

Comment

Working...
            X