Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R high pitch noice when exiting BIOS and restarting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R high pitch noice when exiting BIOS and restarting

Whenever I exit my BIOS or restart my computer, a high pitched tone comes from the mobo for about 4-5 seconds. It happens before the computer begins to post. The screen stays black while it makes the noise and then everything starts up (note: my computer case doesn't have a speaker so it has nothing to do with the beep sequence). I have had no problems with my computer but am wondering if I should be concerned about this noise or if it is normal.. because I have not seen anyone else mention this and figured that if it was common, other people would ask about it too. Any insight as to what may be going on would be appreciated!

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R
    Core 2 Duo E8500
    G.Skill PI Black DDR2 800
    XIGMATEK 750W Modular
    EVGA GTX 260 Core 216
    WD Caviar SE16 640GB

Re: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R high pitch noice when exiting BIOS and restarting

Hi secondfall,
    Welcome to the forum
    I'm running the same board but must admit i've not heard a noise like you described.
    Have known boards make noises in the past, usually from capacitors or chokes. I don't think this board will give those isssues.
    Might it be a fan ? I have noticed that if you have the CPU fan plugged into the PWM header, the fan is slow to start and come up to speed on startup. Perhaps it's from that?

Edit:
    THis might be of interest and relevence Whining X58
    Last edited by supershanks; 01-15-2009, 05:24 PM.
    Gigabyte X48T DQ6, E8400, 2GB CellShock DDR3 PC3-15000 1866MHz, 8800 GTS, 4x80Gb Matrix Raid + 2x 500gb , Lian V2000+, wter cooling

Comment

Re: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R high pitch noice when exiting BIOS and restarting

Hi Supershanks, thanks for the reply. It's not a fan, my CPU fan is plugged into the correct slot.. the fan does not start immediately but my understanding was that that's normal for this board. I have a 750W PSU, and it's definitely not a whining sound, it's a steady tone. Maybe I just need to send for a new board :(

Comment

Working...
      X