UD3R and E8400 Overclocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UD3R and E8400 Overclocking

Ok, I have my new system up and running very well, and I am happy with the results. I wanted to try to overclock my cpu while still using the stock fan for the time being. I did a little research and I have my BIOS settings as follows. Both cores are staying around 40 degrees C under normal load, but I wanted to make sure that my settings were ok before I started putting a heavy load on it. My specs are:

Kingston 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
    Newegg.com - Kingston 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Re: UD3R and E8400 Overclocking

Looks good if its stable

Set Command Rate to 2, for 2T.

Other than that if its stable your fine, then you can try lower Vcore a little to see if its still stable, this will bring the temps down a little also. After that if you want to tweak the most then try lowering the mem timing 1 at a time.

Also if you cant lower the timings or Vcore you can try a different divider like "D"
    New Q9650, Gigabyte UD3P, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Asus TOP 4850, Antec TP3 550W, Vista 64 SP1/XP SP3.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641801

Comment

If you do get errors wit the above I would suggest these changes >>>

Driving Strength Profiles
      Driving Strength ............................Set to 800 or 1066, test both I find normally one above ram speed work best but it does all depend on ram quality and all other timings and voltages

Motherboard Voltage Control
      Voltage Type.………... Manual
      CPU
      CPU Vcore….……….........................:1.25 << Maybe a bit more if you get errors as this is likely a bit lower actual in windows

CPU Termination…..... 1.200V*.......: <<< 1.2 << maybe 1.22-1.24

MCH/ICH
      MCH Core…………….....1.100V...........: << 1.050 << More, like maybe 1.2-1.24

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys. I did start getting blue screens in Vista with the settings I have listed above, so I will try some of your suggestions here. They are very much appreciated. The only thing is, with the MCH Core set above 1.1v before overclocking, my system was unstable for some reason, and when I set it below 1.1, everything stabilized. Will this affect my overclocking, or should I set it higher now that I am overclocking?

Comment

Working...
        X