** How to setup CPU/MCH GTL Ref Voltages Vs. EasyTune **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ** How to setup CPU/MCH GTL Ref Voltages Vs. EasyTune **

You can set Vtt to anything you like, this method of changes ONLY applies to things if you are wanting to tweak MCH Ref, otherwise you can set Vtt to anything you like and just leave MCH Ref in Auto

Comment

Hum.
      So if I move VTT in ET, does it change the ref as well just like the BIOS does, or not?

Comment

Yes, if you are speaking about MCH or CPU Ref, then yes. If you have it set to Auto, when you change Vtt in easytune the Ref voltage will automatically be scaled at .76V or 63%

You will not see a change in easytune though as it would still always be at .76 until you change that amount in the BIOS

Comment

Aha, I've got it manually set to something in the BIOS.
          I guess if I want to tweak and try when at work with no access to the BIOS, it's better to keep it on auto :)
          On the other hand .76 MCH ref doesn't work much for me, so perhaps it is not a way to go either.

Comment

Ahh, well there may be your confusion. If you manually set it in the BIOS, Easytune will always show that amount (Same as Auto / .76 too)

Auto will always be .76 of Vtt amount. If you are wanting to really test MCH Ref, which I believe is key to stability in P45, then your best bet is to start testing manually. Set .68-.74 MCH Ref, testing various Vtt amounts through all of those MCH Ref's.

Normally for a dual core .68-.72 would be best I have found.

But you really will need to test it all yourself should you decide to tinker with this setting, and I do advise it really.

Comment

I know the basics, it was just that I thought I could use ET for testing when at work :) Sadly, not likely to work for me.

Comment

Hai guys, just wondering, i know that setting this value GTL can make more smoothing when overclocking and even can make lower volts...am i right?? so i assume if i can manage vcore 1,4375v for 3,8GHz Q9400, with this tweak i can lower volts especially vcore maybe 1,41 or 1,42v.... correctme if i'm wrong :)
                and i wanna know what value do i have to set in gtl/cpu reference? and thx for everyone sharing in this thread especially lsdmeasap.
                Intel Core i5 2500k @3.33ghz (4.5ghz 1.255v)
                MSI 67A5-GD80( B3)
                Patriot Viper Extreme D2 PXD34G13600LLK 8-9-8-24 2T 1.65v (1600mhz 8-9-8-24 2T 1.65v)
                Western Digital
                Caviar Black500G SATA2 32mb
                MSI GTX570TFII OC 750/1000 (930/1100 1.088v)
                Thermalright Archon + TY140 + CF III
                Corsair TX-650
                Windows7 Ultimate x64 SP1
                -Open rig-

Comment

What FSB are you using, you should only need CPU GTL adjustments after 500 FSB, it mainly helps with stability not lowering voltages.

Comment

Oh i see .... so if i try oc in FSB500 then i should tweak this setting? now i'm running FSB 450 for daily so i guess no need to tweak this setting.
                    Again if i try FSB500 then what value should i change? i know how to change from page 1 thx for lsdmeasap :) but do i change by increasing or lowering GTL/cpu reference??
                    Intel Core i5 2500k @3.33ghz (4.5ghz 1.255v)
                    MSI 67A5-GD80( B3)
                    Patriot Viper Extreme D2 PXD34G13600LLK 8-9-8-24 2T 1.65v (1600mhz 8-9-8-24 2T 1.65v)
                    Western Digital
                    Caviar Black500G SATA2 32mb
                    MSI GTX570TFII OC 750/1000 (930/1100 1.088v)
                    Thermalright Archon + TY140 + CF III
                    Corsair TX-650
                    Windows7 Ultimate x64 SP1
                    -Open rig-

Comment

Ya, it's normally not needed until higher FSB like 500, CPU ref I mean.

MCH ref you can tune anytime, and you maybe should always. Try .68-.74 MCH ref with your intended Vtt, and if that does not help try .78-.92

You set Vtt to 1.20, then adjust MCH Ref to what you want to try, then raise Vtt back to what you wanted to use.

Comment

Working...
                      X