GA-EP45-DS3R sensor ? (for Linux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45-DS3R sensor ? (for Linux)

Another couple of techie questions about the sensors on the EP45-DS3R. I'd appreciate it if someone from Gigabyte tech support could answer these.

1. What are all the voltage sensors hooked up to? The first 3 are Vcore, Vdimm, and +3.3V, that much is obvious. The 4th is shown as +12V by the BIOS, but it doesn't read that way in Linux lm_sensors. What are the scale factors for the ones that are greater than the 4.08V the sensor chip can handle?

2. There are 3 temperature sensors. The 1st appears to be the MCH, and the 2nd is the CPU case, or so I've been led to believe. Are these correct? What is the 3rd? It reads as -2C on my board in both the BIOS and Linux.

Thanks in advance.
    Intel Q9550 @ 3.842GHz * Gigabyte EP45-UD3P v1.1 * 8GB of OCZ Reaper HPC * nVidia GeForce GTX 660 * Mac OS X 10.9.2

Re: GA-EP45-DS3R sensor ? (for Linux)

Hmm, did you ask Gigabyte Tech Support? Just ask because the official Tecj Guy Janus has not stopped in for a while now. Here would be where to ask Tech, they usually reply within a few days >>
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

I can say that +12V as you see in the BIOS indeed picks up the 12V Voltage, so whatever you are using in Linux may just be finding the wrong information or just is not updated enough for the board.

Can you install EasyTune in Linux? Just wondering as I dont have a clue about Linux

As you see though in your BIOS only two onboard temp sensors are enabled/installed in the board. That is System Temp (I believe close to the NB) and CPU Temp (Not Core)

Can you post a pic of your BIOS, as you should only see two temps in it as shown here >>>

What BIOS are you using anyway? I see only the above shown temps also in the latest BIOS for your board as well (Had to check to be sure before I posted so as to not confuse anyone) >>>

BIOS F10

Comment

Thanks Lsd. No BIOS pics yet, I need to break out the camera...

You're right, the BIOS only displays two temps. The Linux utility lm-sensors detects a 3rd temperature sensor.

I've sent my question to Gigabyte. Man, their support area web page needs a good overhaul!
      Intel Q9550 @ 3.842GHz * Gigabyte EP45-UD3P v1.1 * 8GB of OCZ Reaper HPC * nVidia GeForce GTX 660 * Mac OS X 10.9.2

Comment

It is likely a ghost temp then, I see this very often with Speedfan in windows. Same applies with other apps and crazy/off voltages as well

Good luck with GA Tech, they should reply to you within a day or so I believe

Comment

Working...
        X