crazy cool removal and lost spring screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crazy cool removal and lost spring screws

ok. i'm removing the crazy cool panel off my x48t dq6.

no problems except that i dont have the 2 screws to refasten the silentpipe cooler after crazy cool is removed.

can i source these? is there a replacement?

should i just cut the crazy cool panel?

OR anyone have an opinion on how well a cooler would work if i just used aftermarket nuts to fasten a xigmatek s1283 instead of the proper bracket? that way i could leave crazy cool on.

Re: crazy cool removal and lost spring screws

They should be in your box you got the board with

If you cannot find them look around I think any 6/32 screw would fit.

If you can fit a aftermarket cooler on their with the heatsink on then leave it. If not, you can fully remove it if you like

Comment

unfortunately i dont have the screws.

these are tiny - by eyeball, about 2mm ( definitely smaller than 3mm - i tried ).

the xigmatek cooler has an x brace to place on the back of the mobo which requires the removal of the crazy cool plate.

hell, anyone have an x48t dq6 and no intention of replacing the cooler?

Comment

Well you plan to remove it anyway right? So take it off and head to the hardware store and find some screws for the rest to be secured back on. Should only cost you less then a dollar for a few screws

Did you try the screws that mount motherboard with? How about the Hard drive screws you secure drives with, they are usually pretty small

Comment

the mobo screws are WAY to big. seriously, the spring screws are TINY. i have ordered some 2mm screws from a hobby shop and i'll hope they are right.

none of the hardware stores i have tried have anything smaller than 3mm

if not i'll get a dremel ( like i needed an excuse) and cut the crazy cool panel in half. why the hell is this one piece anyway? seems bloody stupid to me.

Comment

Or you could drill a bigger screw hole and use a screw to go all the way thru it.

Maybe Eye Glasses screws would fit?

Comment

nah, the screw needs to be about 10mm long. drilling a bigger hole in my mobo is a fairly extreme step tho isnt it?

maybe i should have paid a little more attention. i assumed that the darkknight s1283 had pushpins like the standard one... my bad.

Comment

Working...
              X