Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Boot impossible on EP45-DS3R

Hello,

Since i bought my new PC with an EP45-DS3R in october, i couldn't boot on USB

I made my USB key bootable with vista installation file & it works on every other PC...

But not this one. I also tried to launch a ghost program : Same, works on other PC...

On this one, it says "invalid partition table"... But works on the others, so why this!?
    Last edited by SarangDo; 01-10-2009, 08:22 AM.

Re: USB Boot impossible on EP45-DS3R

Ghost will not work on SATA/AHCI/RAID disks, what version of ghost are you using anyway? If it is newer you could try the Boot CD made from it.

To Boot from USB I find it easiest to Do the following. First Legacy USB Storage Detect MUST Be enabled in the BIOS, then leave the USB Stick in and reboot (Boot Order does not matter in the BIOS per this method) Then hit F12 at startup to access the Boot Menu. On the Boot Menu Screen choose + Hard Drive and then on the next screen choose your USB Stick by Name

Comment

I'm going to try this again, but i think i did and i couldn't see the name of the drive here... Anyway it always said INVALID PARTITION TABLE!!

And the ghost is acronis 11, it works with sata, i tested it on other PC!

Comment

Ahh well what was invalid parition table, the disk or the USB Stick?

Ya, you are right Acronis True Image 11 works with SATA I use it as well. Did you not try just using the CD? That is what I use, might save you some hassle

Comment

I'm talking about the USB Key. Since it works on other PC, i wanna do this on this one as well, it's my desktop so..

Comment

Is your other PC you are mentioning SATA As well, just wondered if it is seeing it easier as it is maybe IDE?

What exact Version of 11 are you using, I know the ones before Build 11.0.8101 did not work well with SATA/AHCI/RAID. So you may need to update or find that version's boot disk

Comment

Well it seems my version is under the one you said, so i need to upgrade... I'll check this! BUT i remember trying the version 12 (or 2009) and it was the same problem!!
              The other PC is Asus EEE 904HD, it should be SATA... PC saw it as IDE sure, in all PC.

Comment

Ya, I dont recommend 12 at all myself! I agree, I cant remember if I had those issues, but I know 12 sucked

Comment

Yes, I tried 12 to backup, it was VERY LONG and not looking well.. So i didn't even let the backup do, just erased and put version 11 again! Anyway, the problem is still here:

As i said, i have vista installation on my USB key and it worked on MULTIPLE other PC, but still not loading on this one...

Comment

What ports (Color and #) do you have your SATA Drives connected to? And what do you have set in the BIOS Per >>>

Integrated Peripherals

SATA RAID/AHCI Mode (Intel ICH10R Southbridge) ............. AHCI
                    SATA Port0-3 Native Mode ................................... Enabled (or Disabled, both will work)

Onboard SATA/IDE Device (GIGABYTE SATA2 Chip) ............. Enabled
                    Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode (GIGABYTE SATA2 Chip) ........... IDE

Comment

I tried all mode but didn't changed anything :(

Comment

Well since you did not answer that does not help at all. Those settings and what ports (Color and #) you are using matter.

And have you tried a different USB Stick? I know, and see more daily, that some USB Sticks will not work in DOS or Pre windows environments on GA boards, such as I often see certain ones will not work with Qflash that is why I added the bootable USE Method to the Guide. But some will just not work at all unless you are in windows.

So That may be the issue here. Can you see it in Qflash?

Comment

What is Qflash? My USB Key is Kingston Data Traveler II. USB Boot with it worked on other PC as i said, but it wasn't GA motherboard... I don't have another USB Key to use right now... I'll try to watch those settings and tell you as soon as possible..

Comment

Qflash is the BIOS update utility. See here on how it works, and what your USB Stick should show up like in Qflash if it works with your board >>>

Comment

Hey, sorry for the late answer. It seems Qflash can see it, but strangly... When not inserted, it shows FLOPPY A which is supposed to be floppy... Even if they're not floppy disk here!

And when USB Key is plugged, i can see FLOPPY B too! But it's strange, because it says there's around 30mo on it, and it's 8gb...! Anyway, i just installed Windows 7 Beta on laptop with that same USB Key.

Worked without any problems... But still doesn't work on this PC... Damnn!!!
                              Last edited by SarangDo; 01-19-2009, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X