AHCI BIOS screen making it impossible to enter BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AHCI BIOS screen making it impossible to enter BIOS

Yes, we understood. So, we are trying to give you some options to fix the issue.

Even if the BIOS initial screen appears without AHCI enabled, could you do a try with another monitor? Could be possible also to test with different keyboard?
    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
    Corsair CX750M
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

Similarly, I have an EP43-DS3L and it freezes at the Gigabyte logo screen after I enabled AHCI (don't ask why I did that). I have a PS/2 keyboard. I'll stop home later and try hitting the begeezuss out of the delete key from the moment I power it on. Resetting the bios using the jumper technique hasn't restored it. I can't get into Qflash either... just stops at the pretty Gigabyte screen. Did I fry this thing?
      E7400 @ 3.41GHz, GA-EP45-DS3L, Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400(2x1), Sigma case

Comment

Besides the fact of you already did the BIOS reset at the jumper, try to remove the battery out. Something is memorized in a wrong way. I do not think that the board did become a brick (yet).
        GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
        i5-4690K + Corsair H90
        Sapphire Radeon R7 240
        16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
        Corsair CX750M
        Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

I can only second svcglobal's advice. Unplugging the AC power cord and removing the BIOS battery has worked wonders in many cases. Also push the power button after unplugging to discharge all the capacitors.

Comment

Well, I switched to a GA-EP45-DS3L and set it up last night (with some help from this forum) and it's stable at 3.5ghz / 1066mhz. I'll go for more tonight. I'll remember that battery pull thing though.
            E7400 @ 3.41GHz, GA-EP45-DS3L, Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400(2x1), Sigma case

Comment

Working...
            X