No announcement yet.

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R nonfunctional?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R nonfunctional?

I've tried to boot with E7200, but with the same result.

Comment

and finally 8-pin cpu connector don't help
      another RAM don't help
      I have DOA motherboard

Comment

New mb has revision 1.1 and works perfect, giving 550 fsb without any problems, allows low cpu voltage during OC. One thing - than DES is enabled, music plays with lags, no matter what audio card i use - internal or external. This is really bad.

Comment

Mine basically doing the same thing except the video card fans turns while the LED's are flashing, the cpu fans turns very little, the LED's go off and then it cycles again. Everything is new and I don't have other ram or a differentt CPU.
          E7400, Gigabyte P45-UD3P, 2gb Patriot PC28500,
          WD 320 gig HD, Sapphire 4670 DDR4, Corsair VX550
          Xigmatek HDT1283, Antec 300, Xp Pro 32bit

Comment

Try one RAM stick at a time chuckm to see if the RAM is alright.

Comment

That's what I was using. Think the first was bad, took it out, tried the other one, posted just fine. Tried both, back to hang time.
              I'm gonna go ahead and get it all put in the case and try upping the voltage a little, but I've probably got a bad stick.
              Last edited by chuckm; 02-13-2009, 01:52 PM.

Comment

If one of them gives errors while the other one is not installed then you have a a bad stick of RAM.

Comment

I'll just add my .02, as I experienced this issue as well. When I initially powered up my new rig, all the lights came on (phase lights, and fan light in my Thermaltake Armour case) for about .5-1 sec. Would turn off for a few secs, then fire up. Turn off, then fire up. After picking my jaw up off the floor, I went thru every physical connection on the mobo and ensured they were secure. To my surprise, the 24-pin power was not. It moved just a little when I applied pressure. Fired up my rig, and no problems since.

I guess my suggestion is (and I'm just throwing it out there based on my experience) make sure you double check the power, then check it again...

Sorry for your issue, I hope you get it resolved.
                  GA-X58A-UD3R v2 / i7 950 / 12gb G.Skill DDR1600 PC312800
                  Prolimatech Megahalems & 2x Cooler Master R4-L2S-122B-GP (push/pull)
                  2x OCZ Vertex2 SSD in Raid 0 (OS & APPS) / 1x 1TB Samsung f4 (Storage & Docs)
                  MSI GTX460 Cyclone 1GD5/OC
                  Corsair TX650 in a TT L10 GT

Comment

Haven't checked the stick yet, but I get no post with that one on board. Typin' this on the new rig though. It's not pretty yet, but it's in the case, XP installed and updates run.
                    Just finished putting in the wireless card, this one's in the cellar, and got on line for a few. Thanks for your help, probably won't try any overclocks until I get the ram takin' care of, but so far I LOVE IT!

Comment

No problem, let me know how it works out.

Comment

i've experienced this exact prob on my ep45-ud3p...actually this is the sole reason im going through these forums as i normally dont overclock my system at all. after returning my 1st ud3p, my 2nd ud3p had the exact same prob of 2-3 second of constant rebooting with the 6phase led flashing for a few seconds before starting up again....its got something to do w/ the 8pin cpu connector...i've tried 3 diff power supplys (seasonic, enermax, dell oem) and same reboot prob...after hrs of tests i got my system to boot by leaving on 1 stick of ram in the farthest right slot and moving the video card to the lower pcie (orange) slot....don't know the reason why this worked but thats how it is...so close to sending the 2nd board back too, my old ds3 board was bulletproof but it seems these ud3 boards are alot more problematic from what i've read this 2-3 second reboot is a common problem...the only prob i still have is it cant wake from sleep mode but this i can live with, just gotta wait for a bios update to fix this.

Comment

I see you say you do not overclock, does that mean you are leaving all your settings in auto? If so that could be the cause of your double reboot and S3 failures. Auto is not best, and often incorrect in many setups and an cause failures even at stock depending on hardware

If you would like me to look at your settings, or suggest some manual stock ones to you let me know and post your Full specs

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                            I see you say you do not overclock, does that mean you are leaving all your settings in auto? If so that could be the cause of your double reboot and S3 failures. Auto is not best, and often incorrect in many setups and an cause failures even at stock depending on hardware

If you would like me to look at your settings, or suggest some manual stock ones to you let me know and post your Full specs

i actually underclock when i used to have my ds4p (200fsb), reason being i game 1% of the time but have my system on 24/7 and needed a quiet system. (no fans except on power supply) and had decent temps. yes all my settings on the ud3p are stock, i tried to underclock/overclock a few times but the settings seemed to reset themselves after a few more 2-3second constant reboots so i've just left every bios setting as is...i do not want to increase any voltage whatsoever as that will increase heat in my fanless case....heat requires fans = noise...once you get used to quiet computing you dont go back, trust me. You might think no fans = overheat but my temps are good and my case allows for natural convection and negative air pressure - i've never had a hiccup on my old ds4p.

if you can recommend some manual stock settings that would be great, i'd like to be able to underclock most of the time and do a mild overclock during game sessions.

specs:

q9450
                            ep45-ud3p (f7 bios)
                            ati 4670 1gb
                            2x2gb ocz hpc memory (not sure which model#)
                            enermax modu82+ 425w
                            all sata drives - 1 velociraptor, 2 wd green drives, 1 lite-on dvd drive
                            coolermaster cosmos case
                            scythe ninja cpu cooler
                            onboard audio, lan, no connected usb hubs

Comment

Well I need to know your ram Model to be able to give you optimal stock settings you can use manually

I can say you may HAVE to raise MCH Voltage in order to get 2x2GB stable, especially stable enough to use S3

Comment

Working...
                              X