RAID0 not detected in XP EP45-UD3R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAID0 not detected in XP EP45-UD3R

I've recently built myself a new computer and I can't get XP to install, it isn't finding any drive. Here's the specs :

EP45-UD3R
    Intel E8400
    OCZ Platinum XTC REV.2 PC2-6400 2GB
    Antec Sonata III 500W PS
    Xfx Geforce 9800GT

HDDs:
    SATA Maxtor 250GB connected to yellow port 0 (RAID0)
    SATA Maxtor 250GB connected to yellow port 1 (RAID0)
    SATA Seagate 1TB connected to yellow port 2
    IDE DVD Drive

So, I'm trying to install a splistreamed SP3 XP CD (using Nlite) on a RAID0, but XP doesn't find any drive or partition, not even the Seagate drive which is not part of the raid. I've integrated the latest intel matrix storage drivers in textmode with Nlite as per this guide :
    Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers - MSFN Forums

As far as BIOS settings go, I followed the manual instructions and changed the SATA RAID/AHCI MODE to RAID and then created my RAID0 array which seem to be working fine. When XP setup loads the drivers I can see the ICH10R storage entry popping up, which make me assume it should detect the array, but it doesn't. Do I need to change anything else in the BIOS? If I change the SATA RAID/AHCI MODE to IDE or even AHCI it works, but then I have no raid. Can anyone help?

Re: RAID0 not detected in XP EP45-UD3R

Well never mind I found out what the problem was... I needed to integrate all mass storage drivers in nlite.. I figure I might have selected the wrong one. Have a nice day!

Comment

Re: RAID0 not detected in XP EP45-UD3R

So all good eh? If so, great! if not let us know and I will try to help ya out

Comment

Working...
      X