Strange issue with q6600 and ud3r.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange issue with q6600 and ud3r.

I'm experiencing a strange issue with my ep45-ud3r. I have a q6600 o/ced to 3,6ghz (450x8). I have LLC enabled , so 1.4125v in bios gave me 1.39v in windows , no matter idle or load. That was 1 month ago , when i bought the mobo.

Over a week now , without making any changes at bios (i still have llc enabled) 1.4125v in bios gives me 1.39 idle and 1.376 load.

I've tried all bios (f3,f4,f5,f6a) but the vdroop (small indeed) is there.

Do you thing there is a problem ? What could that mean ? Is this a sign of degredation?

Re: Strange issue with q6600 and ud3r.

I doubt it is, especially at such a lower voltage. Sounds like a BIOS issue to me, are you loading and save/apply Optimized defaults between all these flashings? If not you must do that

Comment

I'm doing that and i habe tried all possible bios versions , but the vroop still there.

Comment

Have you removed and reinstalled the CPU?

Is your PSU failing maybe, do you have a tester? What PSU is it? I find it very odd for several versions of BIOS's to fail at this for you as it is a BIOS only feature, I mean I dont think you could "Break Something" on the board to make LLC not work and Vdrop/Vdroop appear

How do higher and lower voltages appear now?

Comment

I don't think that is the psu , i'm prime stable for 12+ hours. But i have reinstalled my cpu , is this the problem ?

Comment

What PSU do you have???? Again

I fell that maybe you do think it could be that as you did not mention what it was, but hey ya could have just been for sure too!

Sometimes yes, a CPU reinstall helps random things. So does Legacy USB Storage Detect Disabled, have you disabled that yet?

And please do test higher and lower voltages, just to be sure as it may just be the one specific setting/general range that is faulting

Comment

I have USB Legacy enabled , i think i have to check my psu , it is a chieftec 500watt.

Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Try with it disabled as we suggested

Comment

I disabled the Legacy USB Storage Detect , i set the same 1.4125v in bios and i get 1.376 at idle and 1.376 at load.

So , with the legacy disabled there is not vdroop but there is more vdrop (i mean the diffirence between bios setting and windows actual value).

Anyway , i still need a little more vcore to get 1.39v.

Comment

Hmm, well I did not mean that to effect Vdrop/Vdroop. But I can tell you if you did not know, that each vcore setting will have varying vdrop/vdroop values. So you will have to try more until you find one that is acceptable for your overclock

Dont feel bad about your vdrop/vdroop. Mine at 1.4125 BIOS, 1.36 Idle, and 1.328-1.344 Varyies at load

Comment

Working...
                    X