GA-EX58-UD3R Gigabyte Logo Screen Not Appearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EX58-UD3R Gigabyte Logo Screen Not Appearing

I finally got a chance to put together the computer I bought over Christmas. It's been a while since I've assembled one, so please bear with me. Anyway, I have an Core i7 920 with 6GB OCZ 1600Mhz on a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R. An LG DVD and WD Velociraptor 300GB are hooked up to the Intel SATA ports (0 and 3). When I enable AHCI, the Gigabyte Logo Screen no longer appears. Instead, I get the "AHCI searching for devices" (which takes a long time, IMHO), then directly to the post-POST screen where it shows all the devices/interrupts and attempts to boot. I can only get back to the BIOS if I keep hitting "Del" during the entire AHCI process, and Tab/F9/etc for all the other bootup options (i.e. QFlash and Express Recovery) don't seem to work. I do have "Display Logo at startup" enabled.

I'm on the F1 BIOS (and other than this, I haven't experienced any problems yet, in terms of stability of DDR compatibility, so I don't want to upgrade just yet). Is this a bug, or working as designed?

Thanks!

Re: GA-EX58-UD3R Gigabyte Logo Screen Not Appearing

As designed, although you should see this as a "Boot Thru Process" (Images I took for another user asking similar) >>>

With the Logo showing. Hitting any of your Del, End, F12, ect keys at bootup will get you to the BIOS, you do not need to Keep pressing them thru the AHCI, IRQ screens at all

I would also plug your DVD Drive into the last port on the Intel controller. And if I was you I would for sure update from the F1 BIOS. Please do not use @BIOS!!! Here is a Qflash Guide I wrote Please do read it so you know what to expect and how to go about loading optimized and what needs to be done afterwords >>>

Comment

Working...
    X