Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P: Can't house nvidia 260/280 Boards Properly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P: Can't house nvidia 260/280 Boards Properly?

Hello, everyone.

I'm really anticipating pulling the trigger on the GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P , but on Newegg I'm seeing several posts that have me worried. I'd like to know if these are justified concerns, or newbie builders who are incorrect in their comments. I intend to outfit the board with an evga 55nm Nvidia 260 board, as well as an Intel e8500 processor. However, I'm seeing comments like this:

Graphics Board:

"Cons: The primary PCI-E slot (light blue) has a different lock than the second PCI-E slot (light orange) and will not allow a GTX260 or GTX280 card to lock in. The plastic thumb tab on the primary slot (light blue) hits the top of the video cards cover and prevents it from fully locking."

"Cons: If you have a big graphic card like GTX 260, the card will not seat and lock properly"

"Cons: The primary PCI-E 1x slot does not lock in large boards like the GTX260 or GTX280. Kind of worrisome for such a large card."

"Cons: The top-most PCI-E 1x slot (nearest the CPU) is obstructed by the cable for the audio header."

And for processors:

"Cons: This board is NOT compatible with the standard Intel HS/fan that comes stock with the e8500 and e8600 processors. What kind of company designs a board that won't take a standard Intel cooling system..."

"Cons: Had to snap off one tab to make the stock Intel heatsink and fan fit. Very unhappy."

Any help from current owners would be appreciated.

Re: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P: Can't house nvidia 260/280 Boards Properly?

I have not seen any of that from respectable users. Alot of noobs post comments on newegg reviews. As you see from the CPU comment, you cant run a CPU with 3 HSF pins connected or it will fry the CPU

As for your card issue, someone asked me before and I went and read the reviews, see my thoughts here...... It will fit just fine >>

Comment

Working...
    X