GIGABYTE GA-MA770-DS3P - Strange Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIGABYTE GA-MA770-DS3P - Strange Issues

I am in the final prep for the 2nd gift PC and I am installing games/programs/updates etc so its 100% ready to go and I ran into a issue.

I knew Brisbane had faulty temps so I am not surprised the core temp is inaccurate but everything else is kinda scaring me now.

X2 5400+ @ 200x14 2.8ghz
    GIGABYTE GA-MA770-DS3P AM2+/AM2 AMD 770

Now the issue I have is I am getting a temp reading of 78c which I think might be a bug since I touched the north and south bridge and they are not warm....though the north bridge is kinda flimsy...actually moves back and fourth when I touch it....not sure if this is a issue or not perhaps you know?

What is TMPIN2? It keeps rising slowly but I can't find anything on the board that is hot.
    It is the only thing Everest and HWmonitor show the same temp for.

I think it might be where that crappy heatsink is but not 100% sure.

Any help would be appreciated....kinda worrying over this.

Re: GIGABYTE GA-MA770-DS3P - Strange Issues

TMPIN2 looks to me to be your CPU temp. I find that program and speedfan terrible for GA boards and temps.

That TMPIN2 temp matches what EasyTune says for your CPU temp right, I would imagine it does?

I use Everest Ultimate and RealTemp, that's all you need. RealTemp for your Cores and Everest for the rest, anything else shown by other programs is 99% of the time incorrect or a "Ghost" reading or both

Comment

Completely off the topic but... Why are you using AVG 7.5?

Just wondering >_>

Comment

+ 1 for Eset

Comment

Originally posted by soldier View Post
          Completely off the topic but... Why are you using AVG 7.5?
          Don't like 8.0 for some reason drastically slows down my Q6600 system so didn't bother using it on this PC.

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
          TMPIN2 looks to me to be your CPU temp. I find that program and speedfan terrible for GA boards and temps.
          Well isn't core 0 and 1 the CPU temp?
          Seems really high considering I am using a A64 cooler. 78c would seem like smoking level to me.
          17c for core 0/1 seems impossible since Air never goes below your ambient temp which is 23c

Here is Gigabytes software.?

Shows CPU but not the core temp....still trying to figure out the TMPIN though.

BIOS shows 28-29c for BIOS temps as well so I guess the program is accurate....issue is I don't want to stress test till I am 100% sure what TMPIN2 is....if that isn't a ghost temp I could damage w/e it is.

*edit*

Did about a 30 second Prime95 to see if the temps on TMPIN2 would go up at all.

I think it might be a bogus temp.

I know Everest is inaccurate on the Core 0/1 temps since Brisbane has a long history of faulty sensors and bios shows 28-29c.

My system also has really good airflow...3 120mm 1 140mm 3x80mm fans with great cable management so I dunno.
          Last edited by Twist86; 01-05-2009, 09:40 AM.

Comment

No, CPU Temp is not the core temps. Not at all. So TPMINx and EasyTune CPU Temps match right?

I would say you can safely ignore that 75C temp! That program does not pickup things properly on Certain boards/sensors. You should use Everest Ultimate and CoreTemp/RealTemp and you will be good to go

Ya, I think ghost temp or inaccurate attempt to pickup something it does not know how to read or label. Speedfan does the same thing for MANY boards with Various ghost temps at least you can edit and correct or remove those. But I dont use that myself either only Everest and RealTemp is what I use to monitor temps

Comment

Working...
            X