X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown problems with my EP45-UD3R

Hi,

I've just gotten new PC with these spec.:

- Motherboard: GigaByte GA-EP45-UD3R (Rev. 1.1)
    - Processor: Intel Core Duo E8600 Wolfdale 3.33Ghz LGA 775
    - Power Supply: Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI
    - Memory: Corsair Dominator 4GB DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
    - Graphics Card: EVGA 9800GTX+
    - HDD (in SATA_0): WD 80G
    - HDD (in SATA_1): WD 80G (I will setup RAID 0/ICH10 with 02 WD 80G)
    - HDD (in SATA_2): Seagate 500G

(my spec. is very similar with this guy: http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-e...ot-loop-29508/)

What did I modify setting in BIOS?

I had some modification in M.I.T:

MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)
    Robust Graphics Booster ...............: [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio ..........................: 10x (default is 8x)
    Fine CPU Clock Ratio.....................:.+0.0 (default is 0.5)
    CPU Frequency ...........................: 3.33Ghz (333x10)

The remaining values are default setting.

My problems:
    1. When I move cursor quickly in BIOS/M.I.T => the PC is freeze
    2. Sometime, I can not access into BIOS, the cursor still blink at top-left screen
    3. Once I access BIOS, I create RAID 0 for 02 WD HDD, use Intel Raid
    - Sometime, the PC is stopped at the checking RAID setting. (The "........" shows on screen, and PC is stopped)

My questions:
    1. Which default volt of E8600?
    2. Which default volt of Dominator RAM?
    3. I used the same power wire from PSU to supply for 03 my HDD. Do it make problem when system check RAID setting?

Please give me some comments to solve my problems and answer my questions.

Thank you very much,
    Matrix
    Last edited by M4tr1x; 01-05-2009, 01:28 AM.

Re: Unknown problems with my EP45-UD3R

First please load optimized defaults in the BIOS and then set ONLY your ram voltage and save/apply/reboot BACK to the BIOS and once in there set all settings again. Including and dont forget your SATA/RAID or hard drive settings for now if you dont have RAID Setup yet. Either way this will always need to be done, loading optimized and all that for any build or BIOS flash and then resetting all settings.

For 4GB of ram you will need to add some MCH Voltage, put performance enhance on standard and be sure static tread is not to low (Set to 8-10 for now)

There is no default 8600 CPU Voltage, all of them are made differently. You should be using AUTO if you are not overclocked. Loading optimized defaults will fix this along with your mentioned issues above such as "Default CPU Multi of 8" when it is not the default

As for your ram voltage, there is also no default. Some sticks have different spec's then others. You will need to look at your sticker on the side of your ram, it is likely 2.0-2.1

I am not sure what you mean by this >>>
    3. I used the same power wire from PSU to supply for 03 my HDD. Do it make problem when system check RAID setting?
    I think once you set your ram up correctly your PC will stop freezing on you. Please do test your ram with this one stick at a time at stock to be sure neither stick is faulty >>
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Thank for your reply.

I have some try last night. Everything seems be good when I removed a 2GB RAM stick, system runs smoothly. I find out many error in RAM sticks when I used Memtest+.

Today I will replace new RAM.

I also upgrade my BIOS from F3 to F5.

Comment

That doesnt mean you have bad or faulty ram, it most likely is that you need to adjust the BIOS settings, then retest w/ memtest till you get 0 errors
        New Q9650, Gigabyte UD3P, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Asus TOP 4850, Antec TP3 550W, Vista 64 SP1/XP SP3.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641801

Comment

Ya, that does not mean bad ram always. Did you set things lat stock and test one stick at a time? Like Manually set voltage, Main timings manually set, Memory Multi set equal to stock ram speed manually, performance enhance on standard?

One passes fine several times but one has errors? If that is the case then yes it is very likely you have a bad stick

Comment

Thank all.

The MemTest+ result (as I posted) is from standard setting.
            Finally, I found that RAM sticks are fault exactly. I try to use them in my friend computer, they make Vista does not start properly, and BSOD appears after few seconds.

I got a new kit lastnight. They seems be fine after some tests. I will going to install Vista/XP tonight.

RAM issues will make some strange problems, I think.

Matrix

Comment

Standard or Stock set by the board may cause issues. Did you have performance enhance on turbo still? If so that can cause errors, did you set your ram voltage manually?

Many things that are "Stock" can cause issues, your other set is likely ok still. If you want to know proper test settings/changes let me know and I will give you some you can test with so you can maybe sell that set if it is still good.

Ya, ram can cause funky issues for sure!

Glad to see you got a new set though and a working PC!

Comment

Working...
              X