GA-EP35DS3 hanging up while playing games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP35DS3 hanging up while playing games

Last edited by lynxilein; 01-04-2009, 07:54 PM.

Re: GA-EP35DS3 hanging up while playing games

I installed the addon for nvidia-cards which adds the option to optimize the frequencies of the card. I lowered everything and now i can play :)

Has this to be the solution? I lowered down about 150Mhz the core clock, memory clock and shader clock...

Comment

PM Sent/

These are not in your BIOS >>
      Clock cycle time: 2.5ns
      Activate to read/write delay: 12.5ns
      Row cycle time: 57.5ns
      Row activate time: 45ns
      Refresh row cycle time: 90ns
      As for your settings, they do look quite a bit off, but should not cause you this issue. Per my PM I think this is a heat issue with your card or a faulty card possibly

What is your ram stock voltage? +0.1 is only 1.9V so if it is 2.0 or 2.1 you need to raise that

ACT to ACT Delay: 5 << Use 3-4
      Rank Write to READ Delay: 15 << Use 3-6
      Write to Precharge Delay: 15 << Use 4-6
      Refresh to ACT Delay: 60 << 42-48 should be fine for 2x1GB
      Read to Precharge Delay: 15 << Way to high, use 3-5
      Static tRead Value: 15 << Way to high, you can use 7-10
      Static tRead Phase Adjust: 15 << Always set to Auto

Comment

Hello :)

first: thank you very much!

I entered the values you gave me and increased pciE-voltage to 0.2
        now lightsmark (2008) runs without any errors. Can't test this in game at the moment, because its an alpha and the server will come back online at 19:00h GMT. With my previus experiments lightsmark runs even without any failure, but when I logged into the game - about 30 seconds later - pc freezes.
        Normal benchmarkes/stresstests (without graphical animation) did even run without problems. Is there any other reliable benchmark which can be used for testing my setup?

Do you think I have to RMA the graphiccard?? I thought I could use these enhancements in BIOS, so I can get a few more FPS :) - Perhaps with an other card I can use them?

P.S: In the specifications of my RAM: Designed to work at 1.8V - but +0.1 will be the best for me atm. Think this is caused on productiontolerances.

Comment

Okay problems is still the same... tested it with another game - and it freezes
          with factory-clock-settings on my graphic-card :(

EDIT:
          Lowered clock-settings: Card works fine.
          Last edited by lynxilein; 01-05-2009, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Well ya know that could be caused by a driver or even something to do with the server or something since it only happens when you connect.

Can you test any other games you have on your PC that maybe crashed before?

You can always install GPU caps Viewer and run the Furmark test or install furmark and run it. If that does not crash your system then your issue has to do with the game itself or the driver or some connection issue as Furmark will heat your card up very hot. Both can be grabbed here >>>

I would say your card is fine if furmark does not cause you issues, and it is likely a game or driver issue not your card or system

Comment

Huhu :)

i tested it on two games - and same the still result. I think it's not a temperature problem, because my components don't get very hot when I touch the cooling-units... (my case is always opened :))

As I had done a burn-in test with Sandra - then they got hot :) but no problems were reported :(

Comment

Cards memory and or VRM chips may not be cooled properly by all fans on cards sometimes, this is more of a issue as well if you are using your own cooler on them

Try the Above FurMark and see if your card freezes on you, if so then either your GPU, Video Ram, or VRM's are overheating

Comment

Comment

Did a stability test with lowered clocks in playing neocron2 - played over a hour and no problems... So I assume that this is an driver issue with nvidia?
                    Perhaps RMA to another graphic card? If yes - which? ^^

Comment

Ya, sounds like either a driver issue or that card. Not sure which, but I would get a different card if it was me

Comment

Got a new graphic card - ATI Radeon HD4850 - no more problems :)
                        Is it now possible to activate the enhancements in the bios??

Big thanks to Lsdmeasap which has helped me so much :)

Comment

Great to hear!! I was going to suggest a Sapphire card to you, looks like you went ATI without my help, welcome to the team

Ya, you can now set things in your BIOS for your ram and everything else

Comment

Working...
                          X