BSOD while windows logo....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD while windows logo....

Ok my system was running fine untill now. All I did was change out the hard drive and the cd rom. Now whenever I try to load windows I get a BSOD once the windows logo pops up. I thought it was the HD but I tested it in another comp and it works just fine. The hd im using isnt new....it came out of a compaq with windows xp and other files on it. Im not sure what the problem is. I can get into bios just fine.
    Ive tried swaping the ram out and into dofferent dim slots and still wont work.

Re: BSOD while windows logo....

U cant just plug in another HDD from another comp which has windows on it...I think when u install windows on a comp...its locked to that comp unles u can get the same motherboard.

probably chipset issues thats y...different storage controllers control HDD's in different ways, so a hdd from ur old comp is incompatable.
    Asrock P55-Extreme
    Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
    2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
    ASUS HD5850
    1TB Samsung SATA II
    Corsair TX650W PSU

Comment

^^

He's right. You're going to have to format c: and reinstall drivers for your motherboard and devices.

Goodluck.

Comment

Ya, you are not trying to use a XP install from another system are you? If so yuo should not, but yes you can sometimes do it and then perform a repair.

Did you check to be sure you have the drive settings properly set in the BIOS, and if it is IDE drive that the jumpers and drive position on the cable are correct?

Comment

Working...
        X