Problem resurfaced GA-EP35-DS3L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem resurfaced GA-EP35-DS3L

OK, so I thought I had my issue from my previous post resolved, but after running the machine for a few days with no problem and getting prime95 to run for 30+ hours with no errors, the issue is back. BSOD this morning. The one change I made is install avg anti-virus and zonealarm. But even after uninstalling, I am getting failed runs of Prime95. Help!!!! Maybe I just need to give up and get some new memory that will play nice.

My System:
    EP35-DS3L
    Q6600
    Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x1gb
    Sapphire ATI HD2600XT
    Seagate Hard drive
    Corsair 650W PSU

Re: Problem resurfaced GA-EP35-DS3L

Uninstall Zone Alarm and AVG, problems solved

Did you try a system restore to before you installed those? As if you did not use a REAL uninstall program they will leave junk in the startup and registry when you use the control panel uninstaller or the one in the program folders. I use your uninstaller 2008

I think your settings and ram are fine since you ran 30+ hour prime run!

You should look into using Eset Smart Security >>>
    Firewall, Antivirus, Antispam: ESET Smart Security Has It All

Comment

I did use the control panel to uninstall, so it may not have been a clean uninstall. Anyway, I reinstalled both zonealarm and avg and started to tinker with ram settings and voltages. After quite a few changes and failures, I think I may have gotten stable again. I started prime95 yesterday at around 3pm yesterday and as of this morning no errors.

The setting that seemed to make the difference was setting the System Memory Multiplier instead of leaving it on Auto. Although, I was changing so many other things that it may just have been a combination of things.

Anyway, I will report my success or failure.

Thanks.

Comment

Ahh, sounds good! Good luck and post back if you have anymore issues

Comment

Working...
        X