Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45-DS4 Help!

Hey guys.

I've just got my self a new GA-EP45-DS4, GTX 280 and Corsair TX750.

When plugged all in with my cpu, memory and so on, i get for 2 secs a blue led next to the cpu, then it goes away, then just before my system reboots, the light comes on. I dont manage to reach the bios screen.

Full system:

Corsair TX750
    C2D E6400
    GA-EP45-DS4
    1gb GTX 280
    4x 1gb Ballisitix
    XFI Gamer
    2x 250gb Seagate

Would really appreciate some help.

Thanks.

Re: GA-EP45-DS4 Help!

Please remove all but one stick of ram, or two and see if you can access the BIOS. If so please set MCH Voltage to 1.24 for now, and set your ram voltage to 2.1V. Then save/apply and shut down and put in the other two sticks.

If you have no luck with that, please leave in two sticks and see this thread about clearing your CMOS and do that and then you should be able to start and Load Optimized (See post #2 about Clearing CMOS) >>>

If you still have no luck you are going to need to try to test your ram one by one in another system if you can to see if maybe you have faulty ram

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

Well i cant access the bios at all, the system will not even get to the stage where it'll post.

It seems to reboot just before that.

The motherboard has a quick bios clear button, which i've pressed quite a few times.

I've tried all 4 sticks in all the slots and i still get the same problem.

I've tried a separate PSU, no cpu, no memory and no graphics card.

Without the cpu the system just hangs and stays on, but when i put my cpu in the system resets with the Original Post problems.

I've tried running the system on a anti static bag incase i had a short anywhere, that didnt seem to work.

Comment

Did you try to clear your CMOS as I suggested using my method posted in the linked page? If not, please try that using only one stick of ram

You do have the ATX 4/8Pin connected correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
          Did you try to clear your CMOS as I suggested using my method posted in the linked page? If not, please try that using only one stick of ram

You do have the ATX 4/8Pin connected correct?
          Yeah i have a 8pin.

I've just tried the method you posted and i still get the same problem.

Comment

Did you try it for the Full 20-30 minutes? Have/Can you test this ram on another board to be sure it is all still functional or that it is not DOA?

If you did that and still get nothing, PM me for Last resort method before you have to RMA the board

Comment

Did you try it for the Full 20-30 minutes?
              Yeah i followed it step by step, i timed the 20mins to the minute.

I cleared the CMOS with the pins, taking the battery out for 20mins and holding the clear cmos quick button for 1 minute.

Have/Can you test this ram on another board to be sure it is all still functional or that it is not DOA?
              I have tried the ram and processor in my old motherboard ASUS P5N-E and it doesn't boot.

What i have noticed tho is that when i put the cpu in, the system will do what i've been saying "CPU_LED comes on 2 secs, goes off, system begins to start, the CPU_LED comes on and the system reboots before anything comes on the screen" but when i take out the cpu, the system wont reset its self, rather hang with the CPU_LED on.

Its like when the cpu is in, the system kinda shorts or something just before loading the bios.

Comment

Wow, sounds like your CPU is faulty then, especially if it is not working in another board

Let me know if you need the Intel RMA info, otherwise you should see if you still have time to return it where you bought it for a replacement due to DOA CPU

Comment

Wow, sounds like your CPU is faulty then, especially if it is not working in another board

Let me know if you need the Intel RMA info, otherwise you should see if you still have time to return it where you bought it for a replacement due to DOA CPU
                  Well i should have a Q6600 coming Wednesday 7th Jan 2009 (Tomorrow) so, please keep this thread open, i might still be needing you.

Also thank you for your help, its a very hard job and i appreciate the time you've taken.

Comment

Threads are left open most always that way anytime in the future a user may chime in with a fix for any issue.

So your thread will be open for sure! Hope your Q660 works and then you could just RMA your other CPU and test then sell it on ebay or something?

Good luck!

Comment

Well it turns out even with the new Q6600 i'm still getting the same problem.

I've unplugged everything from the PSU apart from the motherboard 8pin and 24pin and the graphics card 6 pin and 8pin.

I've tested it with all the memory sticks in all the slots.

Now i'm about to test it in my other motherboard now.

This is becoming really quite annoying.

EDIT:

Well i tested the memory graphics card and cpu in my old board and that wont even boot.

I have no idea what to do now.
                      Last edited by Saltz187; 01-07-2009, 06:58 AM.

Comment

I'm loading the computer with the quick power on button, should that matter?

Comment

I've included a video of the problem to try and help.

The wushing noise at the beginning is the graphics card fan spinning up then slowing down.

Video005.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
                          Last edited by Saltz187; 01-07-2009, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Try it out of the case, off the tray on a wooden table or cardboard box, this is to eliminate Shorting as a issue. Then try with ONLY CPU/Heatsink, one stick of ram and your GFX Card ONLY. No hard drives, no CD Drives nothing else. If it works then start plugging things in one at a time until it fails then you know the cause.

Can you test your CPU only in the other board (New and old CPU) with a different GXF Card to rule out the GFX card. Do the same with other ram if you have it

*EDIT* I see you have it on a box, is there NO Ram installed? Looks like it, you have to have ram in there.

Get it off that anti-static bag please. Those are designed to remove static from the inside to the outside of the bag so the contents do not get shocked. The outside will be charged and can hold and store static. So by design ONLY the inside is anti-static

*EDIT2*

I see your ram, ok!

Have you now tried again to clear the CMOS Fully using the method I posted in the BIOS Qflash guide?

Well, since your CPU is not working in two boards I think you have a issue with either another dead CPU (It happens, not long ago a week or so I seen it here) or you have some other part that is bad that is stopping the process (GFX or Ram maybe) Maybe even PSU, do you have another to test with?
                            Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 01-08-2009, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Try it out of the case, off the tray on a wooden table or cardboard box, this is to eliminate Shorting as a issue. Then try with ONLY CPU/Heatsink, one stick of ram and your GFX Card ONLY. No hard drives, no CD Drives nothing else. If it works then start plugging things in one at a time until it fails then you know the cause.

Can you test your CPU only in the other board (New and old CPU) with a different GXF Card to rule out the GFX card. Do the same with other ram if you have it

*EDIT* I see you have it on a box, is there NO Ram installed? Looks like it, you have to have ram in there.

Get it off that anti-static bag please. Those are designed to remove static from the inside to the outside of the bag so the contents do not get shocked. The outside will be charged and can hold and store static. So by design ONLY the inside is anti-static

*EDIT2*

I see your ram, ok!

Have you now tried again to clear the CMOS Fully using the method I posted in the BIOS Qflash guide?

Well, since your CPU is not working in two boards I think you have a issue with either another dead CPU (It happens, not long ago a week or so I seen it here) or you have some other part that is bad that is stopping the process (GFX or Ram maybe) Maybe even PSU, do you have another to test with?

Comment

Working...
                              X