Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally weird behavior after BSOD

I think my EP35-DS4 went FUBAR.
    I came home and saw Windoze crashed to BSOD with error in tcpip.sys.
    Okay, that happens.
    BUT after reboot it looks like the bios doesn't reflect on any changes at all. I even flashed the BIOS from F5 to F6a (both worked ok before) and no change.
    I flashed the BIOS and loaded defaults, reseted, then back to BIOS, set up my usual configuration... Only to see (still at the POST screen) the CPU being identified as E8400 (well that is correct) running at um something like 333x7 I believe, despite the fact 500x7.5 was set. When I changed the multiplier to something else the CPU speed went even lower. I don't get it but am getting desperate here.
    Any ideas what to do?
    Last edited by Octopuss; 01-02-2009, 01:41 PM.

Re: Totally weird behavior after BSOD

Ok, update:
    now it seems like the board just ignores ANY attempt to change FSB. The multiplier works. But FSB is somehow locked at 333MHz. It LOOKS like other settings do get saved after all. Also tried F6c BIOS and no change.

Comment

What the hell. Just WTF.
      Took out the CPU, slammed it back in and everything is back to normal :-O

Comment

Great to see you took some initiative! I often suggest that, and often don't but want to... because every time I suggest it it gets ignored or they just wont do it.

But yeap, often reseating your CPU can fix various issues for seemingly no reason.

Glad to see you got it fixed up!

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
          Great to see you took some initiative! I often suggest that, and often don't but want to... because every time I suggest it it gets ignored or they just wont do it.

But yeap, often reseating your CPU can fix various issues for seemingly no reason.

Glad to see you got it fixed up!
          Hey, I'm glad I read this. I'm going to try that to see if I that will fix my strange BIOS problem I'm having. Maybe you can't teach an old dog new tricks, but apparently you can remind an old dog of old tricks. ;)

Bill

Comment

HAHA, Hope it helps you out! Otherwise I am sure I will find your thread and see if I can help ya get it resolved

Comment

Working...
            X