EP45-DQ6 getting JBOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP45-DQ6 getting JBOD

EP45-DQ6, has 3 chip sets for the sata connections. "Yellow" are 6 connectors that can Raid or regular sata. The mobo has a Purple set pf 4 "Gigabyte" sata ports that can be raid 1, and should offer JBOD.

My issue is once the bios settings is in raid, all drives on the Yellow set must be raid, same thing with the Gigabyte, can't get them to be simple JBOD.

Am I missing something here ?

Aiming for:
    raid 0 OS
    raid 0 Page
    sata Scratch
    sata back-up for data
    Raid 5 on a card for data

Basic idea is to get all drives running at the same data rate of 110 mb/s

running XP Pro sp3
    No OC

Re: EP45-DQ6 getting JBOD

I have this board too and I know on the yellow (ICH10R) ports you can set up a RAID volume (such as a 3 disk RAID 5) and still run other SATA disks in the remaining ports. They will simply show up in BIOS as non-member SATA drives. No, it's not JBOD but you will be able to utilize your remaining ports to run additional SATA drives.

As for the purple (Gigabyte) ports, as far as I know they only run RAID 1, and only if you're using an updated BIOS (F11 or F12).

Comment

Re: EP45-DQ6 getting JBOD

^^ Spot on ^^^

You can make your RAID's on the yellow controllers and just put your other non RAID Disks on there as well. The Purple controller will only work for RAID 1 as per the note above. Here is some more in depth testing of these ports and the issues at hand >>>

Comment

Working...
      X