EX58-UD5 becomes completely unstable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EX58-UD5 becomes completely unstable

Hi, This is my second EX58-UD5 board now (first didn't POST at all) and I have really serious trouble. The spec is:

- EX58-UD5 (F3)
    - i920
    - GSkill 12800C9 1600MHz (3x1GB) Trip. Chan. DDR3 (9-9-9-24) 1.5-1.6v

Originally I just ran with all auto defaults in the BIOS, which ran for 2 days (even played Fallout3 for hours). Then I tried setting the 9-9-9-24 with 1600MHz at 1.6v (12x Memory Multi), uncore at 24x (twice Memory Multi according to icrontic's calculator). That's mostly when the trouble seemed to start. Later when back with stock auto settings after a CMOS clear, I got a blue screen. Then the blue screens come thicker and faster until I can't get past a vista login without everything failing, leading to a blue screen. Strangely, this morning, it then stayed stable for 3hrs while I reinstalled Vista, until the whole thing happened again, until I can't log in.

I just can't seem to get it stable. Blue screens are of the type:

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    REFERENCE_BY_POINTER
    MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    CACHE_MANAGER
    PAGE_FAULT_IN...

Please Help !!

Re: EX58-UD5 becomes completely unstable

I saw another file, powerpoint, possibly provided by giga, and it says the uncore multiple should be 2x memory+1 in order to be stable, especially for OC...

maybe you can give a shot

Comment

Thanks Siemens. I tried the next setting above 24x, but it gave scary messages about overclock/over voltage/failing to boot??. I'm trying the F4 bios right now with 1600MHz settings with 24x uncore. On 1024Mhz, F4 is still giving blue screens during Vista install, usually about memory. I don't want to overclock the CPU, I just despirately need a machine I can use right now.

Comment

I've now tried F4 and made about 15 attempts to install Vista, all of which blue screen on various BIOS settings :( I'm getting really worried.

Comment

I tested triple channel configs using memtest86+ and its been a bloodbath for:
          8-8-8-20, 8-8-8-24, 9-9-9-24 all on a range of voltages from 1.50v to 1.60v. It gives up to 2000 memory errors per minute.

However, I've just discovered one of my G.Skill 12800 3x1GB modules won't pass the POST at 8-8-8-20 in either slot 3_1 or 3_3 (first two white slots) whereas the other two modules do. It gives POST code 69. Unless there's intended asymmetry in the triple, that suggests I have one failed module? Just started a Dual channel test with other working two and so far no errors. Hope that's it.

Anyway, Time for beer and a happy new year !!

Comment

Working...
          X