Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP45-DS3L memory boot problem

Hello,
    I need to get help about an issue with the EP45-DS3L mainboard .
    Here is my sistem configuration :

E8400
    GA-EP45DS3L
    WD640AAKS
    GAINWARD 7600GT GS
    TWIN2X4096-6400C5 XMS2 (ddr2-800mhz)
    Power supply - Sirtec 430w

Initially I used the F6 bios version and i tried also with F10 but the problem persists. After i installed the 2 memory modules (TWIN2X4096-6400C5 xms2) and i turned it on i was surprised to see that the computer it doesn't boot .
    On boot screen(splash screen) ( where it appears the CPU freq , the bios version and where is checking the ram ) it appears "Memo" and then my computer gets stucked and then it restarts .
    After restart, again, on the boot screen instead Memory checking it appears again "Memo" and gets stucked again and then it restarts again and so on .
    It's very frustrating because i loaded optimized defaults and i don't know what can i do to make it work . Please help me and send me an reply with the solution . ( I searched on the forums for a solution but i didn't find it ... )
    Thanks !
    Last edited by iama; 12-29-2008, 07:25 PM.

Re: EP45-DS3L memory boot problem

Is this 8GB of ram or 4GB? Did you set your MCH and ram voltages with only one stick in then save and shut down and put in the rest and start the system? If not try that.

Please link us to your ram if you dont have any luck, that way we can better advise you of what to do next.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your answer . There is a link with the memo Newegg.com - CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

All settings in bios are on AUTO . I didn't change anything . I loaded optimal defaults and i didn't change the voltages .

Comment

So just 4GB then?

Auto is likely the issue then. Please at least set your ram voltage to 1.
        9V, and then set MCH voltage to 1.22-1.24 and put performance enhance on standard. Do that with one stick in and save and apply then shut down and put in your second stick

Comment

Here is a pic with my bios settings.

So do you mean that i must change performance enhance from turbo to standard ? and then set mch core from 1.10 to 1.22-1.24 and then d ram voltage from 1.8 to 1.9 ?
          LE: I forgot to mention that on 50% of cases go without any problems but what can I do with the remaining 50%?
          Last edited by iama; 12-30-2008, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Yes, just as you thought I said >>>

1. Change Performance enhance from Turbo to Standard
            2. Set Ram voltage to 1.9V
            3. Set MCH Voltage to 1.24 (Then try lower later when you have time to test)
            4. If you have not already set your main ram timings to 555-15/18 manually

Comment

I just changed the performance enhance from turbo to standard with one stick then i saved to cmos , shutdown and i installed the second one . Now i have to shut it down / restart for a couple of times and see if i get new (good) results .
              Are you sure that i must change the mch core voltage to 1.22 and the ram voltage to 1.9 ? I'm noob, it's my first intel platform and i don't know nothing about voltage changes .
              Thanks in advance !

Comment

Yes, those are standard changes for 2x2 or 4x1 or more ram.

Comment

At what tests do you mean ?
                  See here : http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?i...2008784gg8.jpg
                  Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

MCH core - 1.20
                  Memory Voltage - 1.9
                  It's ok ? (1.20)
                  Last edited by iama; 12-30-2008, 05:54 AM.

Comment

To test ram I use this, and recommend 5-10 Full passes >>>
                    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

MCH 1.2 may be fine, and it may not be. If your tests fail then try bumping it a bit. I find it easier to set things high at first then lower them later. But as you know we all have our methods.

Good luck, I will see you later tonight as I am about to get outta here for now

Comment

I just finished the test with Memtest and here is the result :

Here i uploaded a video that i've recorded on the computer screen with the boot issue :
                      YouTube - Gigabyte EP45-DS3L boot issue !

Comment

You need to run Memtest86+ for 5-10 Full passes, and you should update to the latest Memtest86+ >>>
                        Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

That reboot, and 2-3 reboots before starting means incorrect settings were used in the BIOS and stock settings will be loaded. After that type of a reboot when you go back into the BIOS in the MIT Section you get a RED warning box correct?

Comment

First of all i want to thank you for helping me ! You are great ! :)
                          There is how i solved the problem :
                          I realized that the problem was due to the webcam connected to the usb.
                          After I disconnected it the problem disappeared and the computer functioned normally.
                          Thank you again for your help and i hope that this topic will help another people solving issues with gigabyte mainboards and plug & play devices .

Comment

Thanks for the kind words! Glad to see you got all fixed up

So have you tested this device again with Legacy USB Storage Detect enabled and disabled in the Integrated Peripherals Page of the BIOS? It may be fine with it disabled instead of the default enabled

Comment

Working...
                            X