Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-EP45-UD3P boot issue

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    If you do please link us to your ram or let us know the voltage stated on the sticker as 1.8-1.9 may not be enough
    Okay - after 15 passes, RAM stick #1 had 0 errors. Tonight I'll try running the other.

The RAM is Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800MHz. The sticker says timings of 5-5-5-18 and 1.8V. Linked here:
    Newegg.com - CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

I also tried lowering just the MCH ref to .70V (with all else set to Optimized), which didn't fix the problem and gave me the red overclocking error message in the MIT I mentioned before.

Next, I'll try flyfisher's suggestion about the tRFC set to 52. Failing that, I'll set make sure the CPU termination and MCH core are set to 1.2V, first with .760V for both and then .8V for both.

And again - wow - thank you all for all the help.
    Last edited by JohnF; 12-30-2008, 11:34 AM. Reason: Clarity

Comment

Originally posted by flyfisher View Post
      Set tRFC to 52 for starters and try it.
      I would try 1.2v CPU termination and 1.2v MCH, with a reference voltage of 0.760 or 0.800 for each. This corresponds to GTL's of 63% (0.76/1.2 = 0.633) and 67% (0.800/1.2 = 0.666).
      tRFC at 52 didn't help and produced the red overclocking error.

CPU termination and MCH core at 1.2V, with ref volts of .800 didn't fix the issue; neither did 1.2v and .760v.

Now I'm going to try the SpeedEuphoria's Advanced Timing control settings.

[EDIT] Apologies: I think I'm a bit confused. Thanks for bearing with me.
      SpeedEuphoria (the Memory Freq does 800...800.) Where I've gotten lost is on the voltage. We've tried so many different now - with those Advanced Timing changes you mentioned in your last post, do you want me to set the DRAM voltage to 1.9v and the MCH core to 1.28?
      Last edited by JohnF; 12-30-2008, 11:33 AM. Reason: Updated information

Comment

Originally posted by JohnF View Post
        with those Advanced Timing changes you mentioned in your last post, do you want me to set the DRAM voltage to 1.9v and the MCH core to 1.28?
        Yes, you can also try stock but try the higher voltages 1st

Also change all of those in bold, not just 1 at a time, so 6-6-8-72-6
        New Q9650, Gigabyte UD3P, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Asus TOP 4850, Antec TP3 550W, Vista 64 SP1/XP SP3.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641801

Comment

I own a UD3P and it seems to overvolt the MHC a decent bit. I am running 2x2gb of Corsair Dominator RAM at 1066 5-5-5-15. The recommended MCH voltage for this setup is 1.2-1.3. These setting cause my board to crash and I get a message in the BIOS about a problem from overclocking/overvolting. I lowered the voltage from the stock voltage of 1.1 to 1.05 and now things seems to stable. I raise the FSB to overclock my CPU from 333 to 400 and these settings still are 100% stable. It you are still hitting a wall with the higher MCH voltages it would probably be work a try.
          System Specs
          CPU: Intel i7 870
          CPU Fan: Zalman 10Flex
          Motherboard: Asus P7P55-Pro
          RAM: Corsair Dominator 1600 - 2X2 gb
          GPU: XFX 4890 1gb
          PSU: Silverstone 700W
          System Drive: Intel X25-M 80gb
          Storage Drive: Hitachi 1tb
          Case: NZXT Khaos

Comment

Re: GA-EP45-UD3P boot issue: Problem solved! (I hope)

Okay - so I have been going back on these posts, trying to make sure I've done what you've all suggested. It was then I remembered someone else suggested to me to set the Legacy USB storage detect to [Disabled]. I hadn't done it before because I couldn't find it and then forgot. I figured all the other things I've tried, might as well give that a shot.

Well, it was set to [Enabled] and so I disabled it.
            The computer boots flawlessly now, all the time. Problem fixed.
            It's actually kinda anti-climactic.

Why disabling this works, or even what the Legacy USB storage detect is, I have no idea. Anyone else know?

Hopefully this fixed the problem permanently - if not, I'll be back. Sorry if I wasted your time, I hope not. I really do appreciate all your time and effort.

Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Glad to see things are working.
              System Specs
              CPU: Intel i7 870
              CPU Fan: Zalman 10Flex
              Motherboard: Asus P7P55-Pro
              RAM: Corsair Dominator 1600 - 2X2 gb
              GPU: XFX 4890 1gb
              PSU: Silverstone 700W
              System Drive: Intel X25-M 80gb
              Storage Drive: Hitachi 1tb
              Case: NZXT Khaos

Comment

Nice to see you got that sorted!

Ya, it (Legacy USB) often causes random issues that is why I always suggest and put in my templates to disable it. What it does/supposed to do is scan at startup for any legacy USB Devices, that would be external Hard drives or USB Sticks for DOS Flashing. So if you ever want to Qflash with USB be sure you remember to enable it and reboot before you go to flash or your USB Stick wont be found. Then just disable it again when you are done

Glad to see you are up and running!

Comment

Working...
                X