GA-EP35-DS3L Boot problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP35-DS3L Boot problem

Today I turned on my computer I was stuck at the Gigabyte logo screen for 7 minutes before the computer booted into Windows. I cleared the CMOS and got the same problem. I can't even get into the bios until right before Windows boots. When I finally got into the bios I turned off the Gigabyte logo screen and set my processor and ram back to stock speeds. When I turned my computer back on I noticed that it is stuck at "Memory Testing" for 7 minutes. Can anybody help me with my problem?

Re: GA-EP35-DS3L Boot problem

Try 1 stick of memory at a time, you may have a bad stick
    New Q9650, Gigabyte UD3P, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Asus TOP 4850, Antec TP3 550W, Vista 64 SP1/XP SP3.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641801

Comment

I tried it and still got the same message. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Maybe try disconnecting all drives except the hard drive (usb flash drives, cdrom drives, anything that may be bootable).

Did you make any recent hardware changes?

Comment

Originally posted by thebiggiantkevin View Post
          Maybe try disconnecting all drives except the hard drive (usb flash drives, cdrom drives, anything that may be bootable).

Did you make any recent hardware changes?
          I tried disconnecting all the drives except for my primary hard drive and it didn't help and no I have not made any hardware changes, this just randomly started happening.

Comment

I can't even overclock to 3ghz anymore.

Comment

This happens on my PC randomly too, and it's been mentioned here a number of times too.

You can clear it by completely resetting your CMOS (remove the battery, unplug from the mains and use the clr cmos jumper for a while). But in my experience it comes back after a while anyway.

I wouldn't hold your breath for a fix either :(

Comment

Did you try boths sticks one at a time to be sure neither was faulty? Did you or can you try some other DDR2 to be sure, just incase both of your sticks are fried.

If you can get in the BIOS please be sure performance enhance is on standard and then run this for 5-10 passes >>>
                Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Working...
                X