need help :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help :)

]hi all and merry christmas .i have a motherboad model ga8ik1100 rev 2 windows xp . ,pent 4 2,8 HT ,1gb ram(2 *512). before some time i installed 2 more 512 rams ...=>unstable system[/URL].all rams are double sided(in the manual says that i can install 4 double sided rams in the slots).the first two pc3200 i don't know the model ,the two new pc3200(kingston).so all rams are pc3200 same mHZ.the problem is that system makes auto reboot and blue screens (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL).the bios version is fj and the motherboard have 6 memory slots.i use 1-4 , 2-5 dual channel.if the rams are the problem is there any way i can fix that problem??from bios perhaps...... thanks! :)

Re: need help :)

Did you ever update your BIOS as I suggested to you here? >>>

Do you have your ram voltage set properly in the BIOS? IS this the same brand and model of ram? If not they may not work together at all

Comment

i flashed the bios from dos with a file named flash867 and then i install the fJ. i have the correct and newest version of bios for me motherboard.
      Do you have your ram voltage set properly in the BIOS? ---> i don't know how to do that... can i check it from everest(program) if the voltage
      are correct???

they are not the same model...2 seitec and 2 kingston all double sided.

Comment

Well for starters as said above they may never work together, and likely wont be stable at any respectable setting.

The voltage is in the Freq/Voltage Control Section of your BIOS, you can set it from there easily. Here is what that page looks like with the ram voltage setting circled >>>

2.5V is the default voltage

You will need to look in CPU-z in the SPD Tab for each stick to see what the voltage should be for each type, or look on the ram sticker if it says.

In everest if you want to see what voltage is being used you need to look in the Computer, then Sensor section and see what it shows for DIMM.

If you want, please post me pics of CPU-z Memory tab, and then one image of each set of ram (Like Slot 1+3 so I can see each different models SPD info) SPD Tab images

Comment

i don't know what cpu-z is.....dude add my msn and we'll speak there.happy new year to all!

Comment

Ahh, sorry man! I just assumed everyone who does not know what things are these days would check google! My bad man!

Here is CPU-z >>>
            CPUID

Comment

sorry dude...i thought that wasn't a program but just a code i didn't know ..so i am not bad...just stupid :S ok sorry again.here are the photos from cpu-z.btw cpu-z tells that i have fA bios ver but everest fJ .. :/

anyway...

w8 for photos :)
              Last edited by chuckkkkkkkk; 01-08-2009, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Comment

today i had 4 blue screens in 2 hours.now about bios ver.i am sure that i had update it to the latest version (fJ) before 3 months maybe more but cpu-z says that i have fA.maybe it reads the alternative bios.this motherboard has dual bios.as u see the cpu temp touching 72 c but as i remember this is happening over 4 years.maybe one of the 2 bios is f(something )but when i open the pc says FJ :)

Comment

i just run a mem test with a memory diagnostic tool and find some errors

Comment

About your BIOS version, please go into the BIOS and on the MAIN page press F9 you will then see the correct version. I would assume CPU-z is correct and maybe that is either a old Everest or it just is not reading your board correctly

Errors at 1% is bad! Can you test this ram one stick at a time with Memtest86+ >>
                      Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Could be a bad stick or more, or just because you are mixing ram which is not advised for this reason

Your voltage should be fine on Auto as both say 2.5V for the same speeds

I would just not be mixing the ram for sure. And test them one by one to see if any are bad, if they all pass 5-10 passes each then you know they are good but just cannot be mixed

Comment

i reinstall all rams yesterday.i flashed again both bios with the correct version and ran the pmem test program (to read full ram this time).the pc is open without rr 1,5 day and the mem test aplication found 2 errors somewhere at 15.000 % ...weird huh? :) i mean it should finish at 100% but it keept going and going so i close it . as for the memtest86 tool.i ran it yesterday with all rams up.i was waiting for 2 hours but didn't finished so i closed that too :)

Comment

So what are you saying? You did not finish your memtest86+ Testing? You need to to see if all is ok

Comment

dude the pc is open without rr.i mean this is good news...i'll do the test if restarts again. :) .maybe now all ok :D

Comment

Ahh! Ok, sounds good then if you are all stable now

Comment

Working...
                              X