Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ga-eg45m-ds2h, loud sounds near socket

i have the g45 board from gb, ga-eg45m-ds2h

and it is really loud when i stress my system out (cpu, ram), and i isolated the sound and found out its coming from the cpu socket area of the board, the board is OC'd but not to the extreme, i upped the vcore, mch and ram. the sound is like a sizzling sound that comes from something burning, or a whine.

what could i do? i went to support but only option it gave me was to ask a question, is that where i need to go?

forgot to mention, everything is updated, and vcore is at 1.325-1.38, it somewhat droops a little, mch is at 1.3v (only +.1) and ram is at 1.9v, so its not a crazy overclock.

EDIT: read that there is no RMA discussion so i took that out, what am i left to do?
    Last edited by vertigomhs; 12-15-2008, 12:09 AM.

Re: ga-eg45m-ds2h, loud sounds near socket

Have you checked to be sure all connections are tight? Reseated your CPU?

And your sure it is not your PSU? Just checking

Sizzling and Whining is a very different sound, which is it? Can you post a audio clip of it for us to hear? That would be great

Does it still make this sound at stock? Stressed of course

You can talk about RMA, that sticky is a year old and only was posted because of a HUGE RMA issue.

You can RMA your board for sure if you want, let me know if you need the RMA page

Comment

That sound should came from one or more ferrite coils of the FET phase voltage regulator.
      That will not harm your CPU at all, it makes just that weird switching noise. That is a fault of its epoxy encapsulation.
      But, as Lsdmeasap correctly suggested, you can RMA the board, absolutely.
      GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
      i5-4690K + Corsair H90
      Sapphire Radeon R7 240
      16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
      Corsair CX750M
      Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
        Have you checked to be sure all connections are tight? Reseated your CPU?

And your sure it is not your PSU? Just checking

Sizzling and Whining is a very different sound, which is it? Can you post a audio clip of it for us to hear? That would be great

Does it still make this sound at stock? Stressed of course

You can talk about RMA, that sticky is a year old and only was posted because of a HUGE RMA issue.

You can RMA your board for sure if you want, let me know if you need the RMA page
        yea I just rebuilt the system inlcuding reseating the CPU.

I found out it was the board by using a pipe near my ear and scanning the whole system, and no nothing was coming from the psu, that was my first impression.

it's more of a sizzling sound but it sometimes makes a little whistling noise like a tea kettle when it's boiling.

at stock it doesn't make the sound but only when OCd or when voltages highered, gets louder with more fsb and volts.

and sure a link for RMA would be great thanks

EDIT: found RMA page and well they are very close to me, like 10 mins away lol, can i just drop it off? or is shipping required.
        Last edited by vertigomhs; 12-15-2008, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Please do post back and let us know if they let you bring it by the warehouse or not

Comment

talked to cs and they told me that i can just drop off my RMA at their warehouse, but that i would have to get the RMA number from the site. they also said i wouldnt be able to get the motherboard at the same time but that they would ship it out to me.

Comment

Working...
            X