Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-EP45-UD3P - MMIO/PAE support (for 32bit systems)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45-UD3P - MMIO/PAE support (for 32bit systems)

Does this bios support mmio (memory mapping) or PAE support, vista 32 only reports 2500 megs of ram in task mgr (I had a nearly identical DFI mainboard and it showed 3092 megs, hardware in both pcs is the same (also north/south bridge / usb ports / serial / com/ audio codec are a little differnt realtek 885 and gigbyte uses the 889)

I tried forcing PAE in vista but it didnt help. (in cp -> system it shows the full 4 gigs BUT its only using 2500 (according to taskmanager), it should use atleast around 3092M )

i tried disabling serial / ppio / lan ) but the system didnt unreserve any ram.

any ideas?

i have 4gigs of ram , i know 32bit systems reserve ram for the system (like video , and other deviced) but 2 gigs is a little much. I was hoping gigabyte had a MMIO (Memory Mapped I/O) function in the bios

I'm going to try enabling the disable bit on the CPU and see if that will allow PAE in vista to work correctly since it might need DEP.

GA-EP45-UD3P, Core 2 Duo E7400 Wolfdale 2.8GHz (SLB9Y)
    XFX GeForce 9800 GTX+
    Hardrives (2 seagate (2x500G) sata-II, 4 maxtor,2x200G raid 0 sata, 1 -300G(pata), 1-200G(pata))
    OCZ SLI 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel OCZ2N800SR4GK
    OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI 700W ATX12V SLI

Re: GA-EP45-UD3P - MMIO/PAE support (for 32bit systems)

How much Ram is on your GFX Card in that machine?

Vista Service Pack one installed? Not that it matters, just wondered.

It is all about the system not the board/bios. If your GFX Card has 1GB then that plus some other things may only allow you to have 2.5GB available

Not sure how you tried to force PAE, but here is info on /3GB and 4GT >>
    Physical Address Extension - PAE Memory and Windows

Physical Address Extension (Windows)

4-Gigabyte Tuning (Windows)

Comment

video card is 512Megs , I honestly dunno why it doest show 3029m like the dfi board , and a msi board i have does, i enabled pae , /3gb / also messing with DEP, nothing seemed to change it, vista is sp1 and all updates. all the hardware in this is identical to my last system i just tested. so the ram usage should be the same.

this was a clean install of vista (what was strange is it didnt enable PAE by default, (maybe because i had the CPU exacute bit set to disabled (and that made DEP disable and without dep pae disabled, but thats just a guess), on my other board (DFI BI P45-T2RS) PAE got enabled when i did a vista clean install these are nearly identical systems.

anyways fornow i gave up and moved on to vista 64bit (everyone will have to make the move sooner or later.)

GA-EP45-UD3P, Core 2 Duo E7400 Wolfdale 2.8GHz (SLB9Y)
      XFX GeForce 9800 GTX+
      Hardrives (2 seagate (2x500G) sata-II, 4 maxtor,2x200G raid 0 sata, 1 -300G(pata), 1-200G(pata))
      OCZ SLI 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel OCZ2N800SR4GK
      OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI 700W ATX12V SLI

Comment

Hmm, ya that is odd as it should show 3-3.2 or so for that then. I dunno, I am sure XP would have it correct for you though. Vista does some strange things with memory/shared memory.

Ya, x64 here as well and haven't looked back at all!

Comment

Working...
        X