GA-EX58-UD5: problem with the DDR3_3 slot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EX58-UD5: problem with the DDR3_3 slot

I'm the proud owner of a new GA-EX58-UD5, and am encountering a persistent problem with the board. Whenever the DDR3_3 slot is populated, the board will not boot. The post codes cycle in what looks like memory test for a few seconds, before coming to a rest on either of b8 or bF. Note that DDR3_3 is the second WHITE slot from the CPU, so I have followed the manual addendum instructions to populate the white slots.

When only DDR3_1 is populated, the board will boot and run normally. I've tried this with the OCZ kit # ocz3g1600LV6GK and the Corsair kit # TR3X6G1600C8D, and the board exhibits the identical issue with either set.

This of course prevents me from running in triple channel mode, which is something of a deal breaker for me. Is this a widespread issue, or is the single board that I have defective?

Other relevant system specs:
    Core i7 965 cpu
    Silverstone DA800 power supply
    WD Caviar Black 1TB hd
    eVGA 280 GTX vcard

Re: GA-EX58-UD5: problem with the DDR3_3 slot

Are you using physical slots 2, 4, and 6 from the CPU? If so, just checking

If it is just that one slot gives you a issue no matter what, you could RMA the board OR use the blue slots in the same manner and see if it starts ok that way. Then though, you would have issues later if you wanted more ram? So you may want to RMA while you can now if you think that slot is bad

Comment

Re: GA-EX58-UD5: problem with the DDR3_3 slot

Dropping an update, in case anyone else is experiencing this issue.

Returned the board to the site from which I purchased it, received replacement, replacement works beautifully.

Comment

Working...
      X