Gigabyte GA-MA770_DS3 MoBo+Ram problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-MA770_DS3 MoBo+Ram problems

ok, bought this mobo about 2 months ago and paired it with an old AMD Athalon X2 3800+ and 512m of some really crappy ram (i forgot the speed) and i had no problems, i OC'ed it to 2.7 @5.5v with no problems and i ran it for about a month then, i had finally had it with the ram it was just toooooooo slow and i didn't have enough, so i bought 4 gig's of 800mhz reset the mobo and installed it and it booted up fine, all systems go. then i tried to OC it back up to 2.7ghz. when i tried to set it back up to 2.7 every time i saved it and restarted it it would just sit and beep. so i flashed the latest bios to it and insted of beeping it would just reset the CMOS back to the default. ugg....... so i read up on this board and discovered that it is really dumb when it comes to ram, so i went back and changed all of the mem settings to manual and and increased the mem volts to 2 and saved and restarted. and it booted fine and i ran a couple of tests overnight other than heating the room up everything came up fine. i've been gaming with it almost every day and i have had no problems, until today, i was in the middle of typing an email and it power cycled for no reason i was hardly doing anything. then it just booted right back up and then it did it again about an hour later. does anyone kno why it is doing this??? here is my setup:

GA-MA770_DS3
    AMD Athalon X2 3800+ @ 2.7ghz @ 5.5v
    Ultra LSP 750watt PSU
    2 gig's of Corsair AMS2 800mhz @ 2v
    2 gig's of ampX 800mhz @ 2v

Re: Gigabyte GA-MA770_DS3 MoBo+Ram problems

You cannot mix ram, that is for sure likely the largest part of your issue, you will also need to set your trfc to 195 or 327 for 4GB. But I do advise not mixing your ram or your issues will continue

Comment

nope it's not the ram, i ran mem test on all of the available ram for 2 hours with the cpu and ram running at 100% with NO Errors

Comment

Did you run Memtest86+? And a Newer Version not older? If not, please do >>>
        Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

From the way you worded your comment I would have to assume not as there is no 100% test of anything in Memtest86+ and nothing CPU related, so please do run that for 5-10 Full passes.

Aside from that have you set the above mentioned trfc, and added Memory controller voltage, and set your ram voltage manually? Sorry, I am not sure of the "Terms" those would be as I am not familiar with AMD BIOS

Again, you cannot mix ram. Sizes or types without issues, especially different brands as the IC Chips in the ram are not the same so they would not work properly together
        Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 12-14-2008, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X