Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP43-DS3R/ATI 3850 driver issues

Hello,

I recently built a new system, it has a EP43-DSR Motherboard. Th ATI card we purchased instantly crashed the computer when the windows driver took over from the bios/cmos. I updated the bios on the motherboard to Version F5 which was supposed to correct certain VGA issues and the black screens stopped, however the computer does kick out to a driver failure on the ATI video card sometimes. This ATI video card works fine in my other systems with the same drivers. I thought it may be the 625 watt enermax power supply, but I've replaced it with another power supply and the issue still occurs, I've updated the pci express driver for the motherboard. We're running Vista Ultimate Edition 32 bit on the system. If I put the Geforce 8600 pcie card that doesn't require a 6v power cable it works fine, no issues whatsoever. I've done everything I can think of here short of replacing the motherboard. I still suspect the motherboard is the culpret, or one of the motherboard drivers as everything else works fine independently of the system. Any other ideas?

Re: EP43-DS3R/ATI 3850 driver issues

Have you added ICH Voltages? If not, try this and see if it helps any >>>

MCH/ICH
    MCH Core…………….....1.100V...........: << 1.2-1.3 for 2x2GB Ram or more
    MCH Reference….…….0.800V...........; <<< Leave
    MCH/DRAM Ref.…......0.900V...........: <<< Leave
    ICH I/O……………….....1.550V............: <<< 1.55-1.6
    ICH Core…………...……1.100V............: <<< 1.1x-1.2

Comment

Working...
    X