OC Help: 3.58GHz Q6600 & EP45-UD3P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OC Help: 3.58GHz Q6600 & EP45-UD3P

Well, I would need to see all your settings again to advise for sure, but no 65NM CPU can handle more then 1.5+ Vtt so you would be fine.

Comment

Comment

Have you noticed that problem with other games? Are your video card drivers up to date?

How long did you rune Prime95? :)

Comment

I didn't play any other games... ;-))
          But When I play GTA4 at stock it doesn't do that, not as a 'serial hickup'.

I have the latest drivers. Prime ran for over an hour...

Comment

1 hour of prime isn't very long. What are your temps?

Comment

I'm gettign around 67C max on core 0.

I think I narrowed the problem to Riva Tuner and everest, which I use to monitor real time CPU tems while gaming (very nice in-game OSD).

I'll focus on that and hen get back to OCing the machine further...

Comment

I've still been trying to adjust the voltages to lower my CPU temps. Would lowering the CPU termination (or something other than the CPU vcore) have an effect on decreasing CPU temps?

My current stable configuration has LLC Enabled, a CPU vcore of 1.4500 (1.42 idle 1.41 at full load from CPU-Z), and a CPU termination of 1.460.

Thanks for the help. I hope everyone had a great time over the holidays.

Comment

Yes, lower Vcore and Vtt should bring down your temps, but you may loose stability?

What Cooler are you using? Have you tried re-seating it using less paste?

Comment

Originally posted by godto View Post
                    use trap 333 ...2.0B ... you are not 400 yet ... will be more stable...
                    your MCH is too low ... try around 1.26 -1.35 ... and this way you can lower your Vcore voltage
                    you probably can lower your static read to 9 or even 8
                    set your comand rate to 2
                    Driving Strength -- 800 could even try 1066
                    on mine ... i need to set this to 4 ( tRTP ) .. seem more stable that way

that all i can see so far .. good luck
                    How low should the vcore go and how high should the mch go? I was stuck at 1.5v for vcore until I started raising the mch as you suggested. I find that if I run prime for 6-7 tests, I can see if the settings are stable and holding in the moment until I run the 6hour test tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by imprezastipwr View Post
                      I've still been trying to adjust the voltages to lower my CPU temps. Would lowering the CPU termination (or something other than the CPU vcore) have an effect on decreasing CPU temps?

My current stable configuration has LLC Enabled, a CPU vcore of 1.4500 (1.42 idle 1.41 at full load from CPU-Z), and a CPU termination of 1.460.

Thanks for the help. I hope everyone had a great time over the holidays.

What are your temps at just out of curiosity?

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                        Well, I would need to see all your settings again to advise for sure, but no 65NM CPU can handle more then 1.5+ Vtt so you would be fine.
                        By VTT you mean CPU Termination on the UD3P, correct? Is this the voltage for the FSB?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by reason View Post
                          What are your temps at just out of curiosity?
                          At 3.58GHz:
                          vcore set to 1.4500
                          LLC Enabled
                          Idle vcore 1.42
                          Idle temp 33 33 31 31
                          Load vcore 1.41
                          Load temp 66 66 63 58
                          P95 stable for 25h 33m until manual end with no errors/warnings

I am currently testing 3.4GHz:
                          vcore set to1.41825
                          LLC Enabled
                          Idle vcore 1.39
                          28 28 26 26
                          Load vcore 1.39
                          Load temp 63 63 57 57
                          OCCT stable for 5h until manual end with no problems
                          Currently testing on P95

I am hoping to enable C1E, EIST, and Gigabyte Energy Saver in the near future. I will perform further stability tests with these features enabled.

I've encountered some stability issues when briefly testing these features earlier. It was difficult to determine if the problems were directly related to the cpu vcore settings or something else. I'm not completely sure on this, but I believe, both C1E and EIST, attempt to adjust the voltages.

I'm hoping Lsdmeasap or someone else knowledgeable about the energy saving features can confirm this and possibly offer some suggestions on how to achieve a stable OC with C1E and EIST enabled, if that's even possible. From past experience, simply increasing the cpu vcore when enabling C1E and EIST wasn't enough to "regain" stability on a previously stable OC'd system (with C1E and EIST disabled).

Comment

How low you can go on Vcore is all up to your chip and the speed you are running, and of course other voltages.

MCH is FSB Voltage

Yes, Vtt is CPU Termination Voltage

EIST and C1E, Only more volts would get you stable using those when overclocking. I suggest leaving them off over spending days/weeks trying to find the right spot for everything with your overclock to have them enabled

Comment

For maximum efficiency, would EIST and C1E need to be enabled in conjunction? Is one more "OC friendlier" than the other?

Comment

Originally posted by imprezastipwr View Post
                                At 3.58GHz:
                                vcore set to 1.4500
                                LLC Enabled
                                Idle vcore 1.42
                                Idle temp 33 33 31 31
                                Load vcore 1.41
                                Load temp 66 66 63 58
                                P95 stable for 25h 33m until manual end with no errors/warnings

I am currently testing 3.4GHz:
                                vcore set to1.41825
                                LLC Enabled
                                Idle vcore 1.39
                                28 28 26 26
                                Load vcore 1.39
                                Load temp 63 63 57 57
                                OCCT stable for 5h until manual end with no problems
                                Currently testing on P95

I am hoping to enable C1E, EIST, and Gigabyte Energy Saver in the near future. I will perform further stability tests with these features enabled.

I've encountered some stability issues when briefly testing these features earlier. It was difficult to determine if the problems were directly related to the cpu vcore settings or something else. I'm not completely sure on this, but I believe, both C1E and EIST, attempt to adjust the voltages.

I'm hoping Lsdmeasap or someone else knowledgeable about the energy saving features can confirm this and possibly offer some suggestions on how to achieve a stable OC with C1E and EIST enabled, if that's even possible. From past experience, simply increasing the cpu vcore when enabling C1E and EIST wasn't enough to "regain" stability on a previously stable OC'd system (with C1E and EIST disabled).
                                Got another question: Are you using a fan on the MCH? If so, which one did you use? I just looked at the OC'ing guide here on tweaktown and it mentions one. I am going to purchase one soon but wanted to get some idea of what people are using. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X