Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie OCer - X48T-DQ6 / E8600 problem

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for helping,

I searched a lot across various sites for a solution to my problem, consulted several stickies but it seems i still miss a solution.

Some infos about my rig.

1. X48T-DQ6 rev 1.3 bios version F5
    2. Intel E8600 3.33Ghz
    3. 2x2GB DDR3 7-7-7-20 (1600 - Patriot - 1.9V)
    4. Sapphire 4870 512MB
    5. 2xVelociraptor 300GB
    6. 850W PSU

My major problem is that bios sets my E8600 CPU @ 3.2GHZ , that is actually lower than stock GHZ (8x400 instead of 10x333) and doesn't allow me to either change CPU clock ratio or FSB ( CPU clock ratio , Fine CPU clock ratio, CPU Host Contol, CPU Host Frequency are all locked).

C1E and EIST are both disabled

How can i make the bios correctly setup my cpu and is there a way i can unlock Cpu clock ratio and FSB ?

I would appriciate any kind of help and sorry if i missed some potential answer on a different post or stickie.
    Last edited by Zerkig; 12-10-2008, 12:31 AM.

Re: Newbie OCer - X48T-DQ6 / E8600 problem

First you need to load and apply Optimized defaults, set then ONLY your ram voltage and save/apply/reboot BACK to the BIOS. You will then need to set ALL your settings again, this included ALL SATA/Disk settings. And of course disable C1E and EIST again

That (Load optimized sequence) should be done each time you update the BIOS, or build a New system.

Then to enable you to change your FSB you must set this to enabled >>>

Clock Chip Control
    Standard Clock Control
    CPU Host Clock Control..................: [Enabled]

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post

Then to enable you to change your FSB you must set this to enabled >>>

Clock Chip Control
      Standard Clock Control
      CPU Host Clock Control..................: [Enabled]

Thanks for helping once again , CPU Host Clock Control is enabled by default but still remains locked (as an option) same as CPU Clock Ratio and and CPU Host Frequency.

Unfortunately the problem still remains (CPU @ 3.2 (8x400) and both Multiplier and FSB are still locked).

Comment

up

Comment

Very odd, I would flash the BIOS or load optimized defaults and start over again as that is not normal. Please do read this about flashing and loading optimized >>>

As I said above, you need to load optimized, which you did not comment on and that is on of the known issues of not doing so when updating a BIOS or building a system

Comment

Working...
          X