Ep45-UD3R and esata issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ep45-UD3R and esata issues

Hello everyone! I just received my new EP45-UD3R board and installed it today but I am running into major issues when I hook my external esata enclosure up. I am running two internal sata drives into the yellow 0 and 1 ports, the esata bracket into the yellow 2 and 3 and the dvd burner into yellow 4.

When my enclosure is powered off I have zero issues and the transfer speeds between the two internal drives is near 75-90Mb. When I turn the enclosure on the external drive transfer speeds range from 1-10Mb and most of the time they just freeze and never complete.

I have tried two drives in the enclosure to make sure it wasn't a drive issue and I have tried the enclosure on another computer and it works fine.

The enclosure is also a USB 2.0 and that setting works without issue.

I am wondering if anyone has experienced this and could tell me how to fix my issue. I just purchased a Samsung 1TB drive and am very anxious to get it working.

Please let me know if I need to include any more details.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Ep45-UD3R and esata issues

you might have to turn on legacy usb enable in bios

Comment

that was already enabled.

I also found that this error pops up when I have the enclosure on and start to copy a file.

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort1

Comment

Do you have native enabled on that controller in the BIOS, if not try it and see if it helps

Do you have Intel Chipset drivers installed? Some external devices just do not get along well with boards as they have their own internal controller.

Comment

if you mean SATA Port0-3 Native Mode setting then yes I have tried it both ways.

I installed whatever drivers were on the gigabyte disk. I don't know if using 64bit version of Vista matters

Comment

can anyone tell me how long it takes to receive a response from gigabyte support? I emailed then yesterday morning and have not received a reply.

Comment

Not sure how long they take to reply, never wrote them myself.

Have you tried the external device on the Purple ports of your board? You would of course need to enable those ports

Comment

Working...
              X