I have a ? about revision version for EP45-UD3R 1.x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I have a ? about revision version for EP45-UD3R 1.x

The shape of the blue heatsink cover that says "GIGABYTE" is also reversed compared to the pic of the old version. The square blue heatsink that is positioned near the video card also looks like it's a different shape.

Comment

Originally posted by powergiga View Post
      I guess I am lucky one ?, you can update from F3 to F4 if you want.

BTW, as long as you have rev 1.1, that is great and simple flash it to F4 solved problem.

pg
      What problem(s) were solved by flashing the BIOS to the new F4 BIOS, I am curious...... I am heeding the old proverb of "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" and leaving the BIOS to F3 unless I come to a compelling reason to do so.....

Comment

Just got my ud3 today from newegg. ordered it on monday. Gawd I love newegg :) It is a rev 1.1 I don't know what bios it has as I am still waiting on it to thaw out(damn ohio weather). As soon as it gets close to room temp, I will stick it in and fire it up. I also got an E8400 with it. No over clocking at first, but do you have a prior thread or website telling me how to burn/break it in?

I have and older GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3, so do I have to reload and reformat windows and my harddrive?

Here is a hint for those who didn't know... If you use an upgrade windows vista, and don't have the previous version for varification. All you have to do is load it on a trial basis and then reload the same upgrade of vista right over it. The first time I kept getting wrong code message, then I reloaded it and POW code worked like a charm.

Disclaimer" my previous was eaten by my dog, along with 2 pairs of oakleys, numerous dvd's, can of cheese wiz, almost a whole couch and list goes on. Thank god the puppy stage is over
        Last edited by mptoledo; 12-18-2008, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Guys,

Now at Gigabyte just updated new rev 1.1 and 1.0 boards for both UD3P/R at website.

Link UD3R rev 1.1 at GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview - GA-EP45-UD3R (rev. 1.1)

Link UD3P rev 1.1 at GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview - GA-EP45-UD3P (rev. 1.1)

pg
          GA-EP45-UD3R REV 1.1 BIOS F11 (stay away F10F)
          New Intel Pentium E6500 9x500 FSB=4.5 GHz on air
          G
          .SKILL PI BLK 2x2GB DDR2 800 1.8-1.9v CL4 @5.5.5.15 500 MHZ
          MSI GTX 260 OC 620/1080/1296 (192 SP)
          PSU BFG TECH GS-550W (DUAL+12V RAILS 18A EACH.)
          Windows 7 64bit build 7600

Comment

Working...
          X