wtb : New Video Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtb : New Video Card

So.. Was looking to get a new card.. Was looking for something around 150-200us.

What do you guys think about the 4850? Seems highly recommended and I read some good stuff about it. Was particularly looking at this one -

SAPPHIRE 100245L Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102770)

Does anyone here OWN or have experience with this card? Any cons or any reason just not to buy it?

Was also looking at a GTX 260...

Last edited by soldier; 12-08-2008, 06:57 AM.

Re: wtb : New Video Card

Sapphire cards are GREAT! I always use them, but sadly have not used 48xx yet though.

Just upgraded from Sapphire X1950Pro to Sapphire HD 3870 Toxic 512MB GDDR4 though and it is a Huge improvement over my old card.

Can't comment about Nvidia, I have not used one since FX5200!

Comment

ive decided to go wit the 4850.. wish me luck

Comment

I got the ASUS TOP 4850 card... 8.11 drivers and all is well. This is a factory overclocked card at 680/2100mhz!! Has a Glaciator HSF so no worries about setting fan speed in the ATI Catalyst Control Center- the fan runs 100% all the time off the card header.

I may go Crossfire for another $129!!

$129.99 AR at the egg....

Newegg.com - ASUS EAH4850 TOP/HTDI/512M Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Comment

Red PCB in a Blue board? Ouch!

4850 is a good choice soldier! I almost got one until no one outbid me on my 3870 Toxic so I got it! Very cheap ebay deal as it ended at 2am and no one was bidding, got it for $68 boxed

Comment

68$ . Wow. I don't blame you for taking it. Boxed too! Good deal man!

Price on the card dropped by 10$ . Yay ^_^

Comment

Ya, I could not pass it up! They go for 1201-40 Brand new, and were selling used/new on ebay for 100-120 and I was looking at the right time for sure!!

Now, just to find another just as cheap is the issue!

Comment

So I got the 4850...

Using 3dmark Vantage...

Graphics Score 5429
                CPU Score 7130

Comment

Working...
                X