12GB Ram *6x2 Patriot PVS34G1600LLK, 6x2GB Mushkin PC12800 7-8-7-20*
    2X 280GTX with Coolit dbl drivebay refrence coolers
    2x 300GB Velociraptors,
    2x 1TB Seagate
    X-Fi Fatality with Drive Bay PCI soundcard,
    LG HD,Bluray burner.
    HX1000 Watt PSU
    Cool master Stacker 830 SE
    OK so the motherboard is awesome when it works. I am fed up with Gigabyte they don't want to work with you directly they tell you to work with forums. Which just blows. FIrst off I wish i could post everything that was wrong with each bios release but I would be here all day.
    Right now with F4j the following issues plague me.
    12GB will only run at 1333 at cls 7
    Nero 9 will not install at all with any of the power saving provisions turned on in the Bios,
    X-FI will not work at all in the slot under the 2nd PCI_E 16_2.
    F2 is the only bios that allowed my patriot ram to work at 1.9v in all slots.
    F4h Allowed for the cpu to run at 1.4v 30x133 without crashing but 12GB has to run at 1333MHz since this release.

Re: Gigabyte EX58 Extreme

Really? Who told you to work with a forum, I have never heard of that?

I dont know anything about i7, but I will try to make some suggestions here as I see you are upset.

First of all, about your nero post in the BIOS thread....

Why spend 9 hours trying something? WOW, please just uninstall the DES program so you can install the programs you would like to. And really if it is that much of a buggy program leave it uninstalled for now until it's gets some updates.

About your PCI X-Fi, did you disable the onboard Azalia codec? If not please do so. Aside from that I do know Older PCI, or in general PCI, X-Fi cards do have issues with GA boards and there has been alot of threads on this. Most updated to PCIe cards to fix the issue, some switched brands. I dont know much about sound cards either so I can't offer more help there other then those thoughts

And finally above 1.65V ram voltage will kill your CPU did you now know that? >>>

Patriot Viper Tri-Channel Memory Voltage Information ~ Patriot Memory - Forums

Similar by DerekT @ Corsair >>>

As long as you set the voltage to .5v lower than the value of the Northbridge you will be fine. Intel states that 1.65V on the DRAM voltage should be the absolute limit before you reach for the maximal danger threshold. That's not exactly the issue although what they say is correct and will serve to help the uneducated with not damaging their systems. What is necessary to understand and follow is this:

"Keep the CPU Uncore (Memory Controller) voltage within 0.5V difference of the DRAM voltage and you will not find an issue."

If you step over this potential difference, you will increase the chance of CPU death, not immediately but in time and the greater the differential between the increase of DRAM voltage greater than .05v from the uncore.

Research:

Intel Core i7 920 overclocking (Asus P6T Deluxe) | i4memory.com
    The Corsair Support Forums - View Single Post - Can I use ddr3 modules from a few months ago with a core i7 system?

Welcome to Corsair :: System Build Logs

XtremeSystems Forums - View Single Post - Core i7/X58 Overclocking Thread

Core i7 Vdimm/VTT Graveyard :D - XtremeSystems Forums

XtremeSystems Forums - View Single Post - Nehalem 101

The Corsair Support Forums - View Single Post - Core i7 twin & triple kit voltages

i7 ram 1.65V limit - Google Search

i7 memory 1.65V limit - Google Search

Not all ram has to run with the spec'd amount, that is just the max allowed under warranty. But yes, some do and you really need to keep your ram volts down or get some ram meant for i7 that has lower voltages

Comment

Thanks but till my CPU does die from over voltage then i don't hold much claim to the 1.65v Issue.

For all the links you post I can give you 1 that overrides them all. Check out gigabytes website for supported Memory. Right there you will find for this board 1.9v 2000mhz Gskill ram. Im not trying to be an ass just respond to yours.

You don't think I wouldnt disable sound on a motherboard before installing my own? Umm. As for sound card issues I am aware as anyone else about the issues. I have had X-Fi sound cards since they came out. I have also had about 20-30 system builds using them. And gigabytes actual responce was write a comment in there website feedback and when the new bios comes out they will message with the link. And as they only treat me as an end user I will only get end user Bios updates.

I have had hundreds of Gigabyte boards I have a dead P35-DQ6 at home waiting for someone from gigabyte to contact me on an RMA.

I use my system for everything so being as its used for everything it needs to do everything. Every item on it needs to work. And as of right now it sucks. It cant wake up from S3 sleep without loosing the drivers for the gigaraid. it cant run at 1600mhz with 12GB but it could at F3. But F3 wouldnt even resume from S3. So please dont throw links at me when I know as much as anyone else what the I7 is ment to do and not do.

Oh on the subject of intel only recomend to use 1.65v ram intel also recomend not to overclock your cpu but everyone does. As my 965 has not poped from 1.9v ram after 3 weeks then it wont overtime. I'm in the business of making chips and cpu's will fail in the short term not long term. There is no such thing as long term damage. The copper and other metals used in a chip are issulated this stuff pops and fails the moment a threshold is reached. Its not worked down over time. Its not like wires in a ****pit chaff together on a peice of metal. Yes there is such a thing as field fails but this is often due to pre existing problem. The leakage intel is talking about it obvious. And to be honest will not be seen by all. They are talking about a design and production flaw. The Voltage a stick of ram has should not get back to the memory controler. If it does this is a fault of the board. Its called voltage leak and happens when a gap in the insulation is found and it bridges the gap. To do this you would need a higher than normal voltage for it to arc or spark. Do you see this warning spread on AMD's? No because they either have tighter design standards or because they did not have the flaw in production. AMD has been working with High K for lot longer then Intel and as such Intel has some catching up to do. As for this issue the people who need to watch out are the ones with the 920 and 940 cpu's which have been harvested from 965 production with issues. Leakage is the issue not the memory voltage. Something Intel will work on but right now mines not got the voltage protection..
      Last edited by Lee_Kay; 12-06-2008, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Most of them threads you posted are pre end user issues. Infact the only 2 failed chips where both engineering samples not end user parts. So again the issues they posted about are due to design flaws and production problems. Both spec design and motherboard design. They state the voltage limit because if there wasnt one every idiot on the planet would be running 2500mhz ram rated at 2.5v.

The key is Take everything in moderation and everything will live longer.

Comment

I just always have to post things like that about the sound because you never do know what people know and don't so it is best to always ask up front instead of 3 pages later. No offense meant at all man, just trying to help

And Ya, I do know what you mean about the ram voltages, but I still see MANY Overclockers keeping it under 1.7 still so I dunno. Ya, all voltage warnings are just that as well.

I do agree it may for sure not harm things but no experience myself so I had to link what I could find just incase things were for sure true. Electromigration and Dielectric Breakdown for sure can of often may happen at certain voltage ranges and temps, but if those effect would be seen or Felt/know before a user bought a new CPU or Socket before that time is anyone's guess. New CPU's come out so often these days no one will have a CPU more then 5-10 years for sure, normally as we all know much less then 5 years even

Current density and CPUs - Physical Effects of Electrons and Metal - Xtreme CPU

Do you need beta BIOS's? If so I can give you a email to for sure get some sent your way, and there is of course some posted here as well in the BIOS thread

Comment

Your memory modules are running 1600MHz, 7-8-7-20, 1.9v

First point:

It's not listed inside the memory support list.

Second point:
            For memory that have 1600MHz+
            One module per channel ONLY
            You have 6 modules, that make 2 modules per channel. Which is not supported.

Third point:
            You can't buy item out of supported list, and complaining about it's not running.

If you are real pro, you would see the point.
            Please, find me a X58 mobo, that would run 6 sticks at 1600, with that low timing, and 1.9v, 24/7.

It's normal for GIGABYTE or Intel to recommend the safe zone, if you're out of it, don't expect it to work.

So, you have alot of dead gigabyte boards, but you still buy more...?
            Let's me comment on that, it's a obvious lie.

I have more than 6 gigaboards for myself, and I already built more than 10 PC based on GIGABYTE boards, so stop lieing.

I'm really angry with you, and that's why I created this account.

I HAVE an X58 EXTREME Board, with Core i7 920, OCed to 4.1GHz, passed prime95 12 hours+ ON FREAKING AIR.
            techPowerUp! Forums - View Single Post - fitseries3/dark2099 Core i7 Overclocking and Feedback

3DMark 2006 score at 4.2GHz
            techPowerUp! Forums - View Single Post - Alcpone's Official 3DMark '06 Compilation

The board is freaking awesome!

Comment

Thanks Kid!

Well said

Comment

@kid41212003

Can you teach me how you did the Overclocking (Core i7 920, OCed to 4.1GHz, passed prime95 12 hours+ ON FREAKING AIR.), I'm a newbie on this and I really want to learn such things. Thanks!

Comment

I am running corsair ram xms 12 GB at 8-8-8-18 T1 1,65 volts , cpu 920 20x200 turbo enabled HT enabled 1,4 volts watercooled, with x58 extreme.

Comment

Working...
                  X